You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of The Goat Spot    

The Goat Spot - Goat Forum > Goat discussion forums > Health & Wellness >

FRUSTRATED!!! Scours off and on for months. Vets are scratching their heads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2017, 12:42 PM   #51
top_goat

Liked 777 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 1511

Wow -- what a journey! I share your hope (and that of others!) that this new approach will be effective! I joke that in the "game" of Goat Jeopardy, there's really only one category: "I'll take "Copper and Selenium for $1000, Alex!" It really seems to be "the answer" for so much of what we deal with in raising goats!

I'd like others to weigh in on this, but if you have more does to kid, and knowing the selenium issue can really complicate kidding (tough placentas and all that), you might pay particular attention to those next-to-kid does with regard to testing their mineral levels, if possible. Wishing you all the best!

Luke 1:38
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009384631470

People Like This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2017, 05:00 PM   #52
emmaandoscar
animal lover

Liked 35 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by top_goat View Post
Wow -- what a journey! I share your hope (and that of others!) that this new approach will be effective! I joke that in the "game" of Goat Jeopardy, there's really only one category: "I'll take "Copper and Selenium for $1000, Alex!" It really seems to be "the answer" for so much of what we deal with in raising goats!

I'd like others to weigh in on this, but if you have more does to kid, and knowing the selenium issue can really complicate kidding (tough placentas and all that), you might pay particular attention to those next-to-kid does with regard to testing their mineral levels, if possible. Wishing you all the best!
Thank you Lisa. That is definitely a concern of my new vet's. She will be here tomorrow and I will be talking with her about the course of action with them. Two are due in mid April and one in Mid May, so I think we have a little time to make sure they are back up on their minerals. I hope anyway!
People Like This 
Old 02-26-2017, 05:23 PM   #53
Suzanne_Tyler
GreenTGoats

Liked 2527 Times on 1857 Posts
Likes Given: 2118

Sounds like a great vet

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Green-T-Homestead-1817090968574703/
People Like This 

Quick Reply