Goat of the Month - Abigail Hope

The Goat Spot - Goat Forum > Classifieds Marketplace > Goats For Sale > Ohio 5 Boer bucks for sell in Urbana, Ohio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2013, 02:18 PM   #1
jberter

Liked 23 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 364

Default 5 Boer bucks for sell in Urbana, Ohio

UPDATE _ UPDATE----as of 4/23/13--- 4 of the boys got banded/got 2 shots each of their CD&T shots & Boe-see shots & Scrapie tag in their ear,,, so ready to sell for 4H kids... They are all still on their moms and going into the creep feeder for 16% pellet goat feed & alfalfa hay,,, they will stay here until 8 weeks old & weaned to leave, but can leave farm to be taged in for the kids 4H projects, then come back here until they turn 8 weeks old. Just wanted to keep all updated on some very nice wether Boer goat fair kids ,,selling now............................................... ..............

Hi all,, kidding time is over here on our farm and we have 5 Boer boys for sell as 4H wethers or can let some go as future herd sire's.. They were born on 3/19/13 & 3/24/13,,father is a Reg. 100% Boer, traditional color, mothers are 100% Boers but not reg.,,, fathers reg name is " AOPV Macky ", from a top breeder in Ohio, This is a repeat breeding from last years and one of the wethers that was shown in market goats got 2nd place out of 9 goats in his weight division at the Urbana,Ohio fairground last year.. We were very proud of the boy and the kid showing it was to.. You can email me at jberter@ctcn.net (put Boer goats in subject line) or ph.(937)484-5911.... answering machine on 24/7,, I am also a Mobile dog groomer so wait for the beep... Thanks for letting me share..

Last edited by jberter; 04-24-2013 at 09:47 PM.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2013, 09:07 PM   #2
jberter

BUMP,, these boys will make someone great 4H kids or a future nice herdsire... They are all traditional in color and using the creep feeder already.. They will stay here on their mothers till 8 weeks old, then they can leave to their new homes.. Mothers & dad are all UTD on their shots from our farm vet... Moms are on pellets & good alfafa hay and pasture and all are friendly.. Not just pasture goats..

Old 04-20-2013, 01:21 PM   #3
lazykranch

Liked 147 Times on 99 Posts

Send a message via AIM to lazykranch Send a message via Yahoo to lazykranch

Good luck selling you boys. I'm also from Ohio and we have had no luck this year. There are several breeders that live close to me & all of us has seen a drastic reduction in kids buying wethers for 4H. I have two bucklings left. We are just going to let them grow horns & sell them later on in the fall.

Old 04-20-2013, 01:36 PM   #4
goatnutty

Liked 25 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Ohh.. Your only a couple hours away and we will be needing a new herd sire..how much are you asking for these boys?

Raising boer goats in beautiful Southeastern Indiana!
http://krausboergoats.webs.com/

jberter Likes This 
Old 04-20-2013, 04:54 PM   #5
jberter

Hi Sara,, I personaly emailed you off the forum,, thanks for asking..

Old 04-20-2013, 04:58 PM   #6
jberter

Lazy K I will probly do the same,, I have the time and farm, so no problem growing them out, but going from last years boy who placed 2nd out of 9 in his wether weight division ( also born in March )I hope some go as wethers for 4Hers.

Old 04-20-2013, 10:29 PM   #7
lazykranch

Liked 147 Times on 99 Posts

Send a message via AIM to lazykranch Send a message via Yahoo to lazykranch

Quote:
Originally Posted by jberter View Post
Lazy K I will probly do the same,, I have the time and farm, so no problem growing them out, but going from last years boy who placed 2nd out of 9 in his wether weight division ( also born in March )I hope some go as wethers for 4Hers.
Not sure what county your in but Tuscarawas is down big time on goat projects. It's sad too because if we knew we would have ours left my son would of signed one up for 4H. He just took a hog because he wanted to sell his kids to be able to buy a metal detector. Guess he will have to wait awhile or sell his pony sooner than he wanted. My 12 yr old is a salesman thru & thru. Gets it from his grandpa & dad. Lol

Old 04-21-2013, 01:31 AM   #8
jberter

We are in Champaign county, Urbana, Oh. between Dayton & Columbus, OH. off I-70..

Old 04-24-2013, 09:49 PM   #9
jberter

Hope all reads my update on original post,at top, we are very happy with my boys growth as future 4H wethers...

Old 04-25-2013, 03:07 AM   #10
jberter

I ment to ask,, about how long untill their sack drops off from being banded??? And also what if any thing to put on it if swelling developes?? Just want to keep them healthy and happy boys,, I felt bad having to have them banded, but, it had to be done, they got hugs afterwards, they are such sweet kids.. Boer babys are the best...

Quick Reply