Any Kinder goat breeders here? I'm new!

Discussion in 'Beginners Goat Raising' started by BlazeOfGloryKinders, Mar 3, 2013.

1. BlazeOfGloryKinders

BlazeOfGloryKinders New Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Hi y'all! I'm new here and have just acquired my first pair of Kinder goats, one will be kidding in April. I was looking for fellow Kinder folk and hoping to continue learning here! My first question is which disbudding iron would you guys recommend for this breed? X30 or X50?

2. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator

Welcome to TGS! :wave:

I don't have Kinders but I'm sure there are others on here who do.

3. BlazeOfGloryKinders

Mar 3, 2013
    Thank you! :)

4. NyGoatMom

NyGoatMom Shady Acre Homestead

Welcome....I have a Kinder doe in my avatar pic...

5. BlazeOfGloryKinders

Mar 3, 2013
    A very nice looking one! Do you plan to breed?

6. NyGoatMom

NyGoatMom Shady Acre Homestead

No....I have a Pygmy/Fainter cross (I think) buck and some Nubians but they wuoldn't be true kinders because of the buck being a possible cross. But I love her size...it's not too big or too small. She has a lot of personality too...believe me!She is my favorite goat :) Shhh....don't tell the others!

Here is a link to a thread about her....with pics...http://www.thegoatspot.net/forum/f218/suggestions-pushy-goat-139418/

Last edited: Mar 4, 2013
  7. BlazeOfGloryKinders

Mar 3, 2013
    Lol! I won't tell. I love fainters, Nubians and Pygmys on there own, but Kinders are my favorites:) My doe is a big time talker! When she wants her feed she says"no, no, no" and if Im doing something other then attending to her, she seems to be saying "Ma, what what what" lol.

8. BlazeOfGloryKinders

Mar 3, 2013
    I tried posting on the other thread, but my phone wouldn't let me. Bailey is a dollface! Im so happy you got her out of the mess she was in! Im sure she will be fine with the boys :)

9. CandyMountainGoats

CandyMountainGoats New Member

Apr 10, 2013
    Tri-Cities, Washington
    We have kinders and we have used the x50 with a smaller tip and just bought the x30 The x30 is THE BEST for kinders. It made the job so much faster and easier.

10. BlazeOfGloryKinders

Mar 3, 2013
    Thank you! Wonderful to see more Kinder folks!

11. MsScamp

MsScamp New Member

Jan 31, 2010
    Wyoming
    BlazeofGlory or CandyMountain, would you perhaps have time to post some pictures of some of your Kinders? I have 3 fabulous girls out here, but I don't have a clue what they are. I know they are some type of dairy breed. At first I thought they were Saanan's, but a lady I know that raises Saanan's said no. So I did some more searching and I'm wondering if they aren't Kinders. I know they are not Nubian, LaMancha, Nigerian, Toggenberg, Oberhasli, or Alpine. I bought all 3 of them, but I have no history for them. I will try to post some pictures of them tomorrow. I've had them for several years, and they are wonderful mothers, good milkers, and just good girls, I would just like to know what they are. Thanks!

12. janeen128

janeen128 New Member

Dec 31, 2012
    Edgewood, WA
    I have a kinder doe and a kinder buck. Will be getting another kinder doe and quite possibly her 2 kids, born just Saturday. I do have a question.... I have 2 Lamancha/Nubian does that my kinder buck bred, one is due next week... Can the kids still be considered as kinders? Just wondering since kinders are Nubian & pigmy mix, the only odd ball breed would be Lamancha. The girls are 50/50 I guess I can advertise the kids as goat muts:) I do like the kinder breed, they are a lot easier to handle especially if it's just one person handling them... I will most likely be selling the big girls, and just go with strictly kinder:)

13. CandyMountainGoats

Apr 10, 2013
    Tri-Cities, Washington
    Janeen128 - my guess is that they would be considered mutt goats from everything I have heard about Kinders. Nothing wrong with a mutt :)

GoatCrazy - I am attempting to put kinder pictures up, but I am new to this as of yesterday so here goes...

The picture is my kinder doe on her FF with 2 does and a buckling

Attached Files:

• 083.jpg
      083.jpg
      File size:
      100.8 KB
      Views:
    • 058.jpg
      058.jpg
      File size:
      93.7 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2013
  14. janeen128

janeen128 New Member

Dec 31, 2012
    Edgewood, WA
    Nice looking family:) So cute..... The doe looks like my Peppermint except mine is a pepper color:)

I agree I will sell the kids as mutts.... Who knows maybe I'll keep some of their kids, I am curious if mutts make good milkers:)

15. BlazeOfGloryKinders

Mar 3, 2013
    Hey everyone, sorry I havent been around... Had a terrible tragedy, my expecting Kinder doe contracted Caprine Pneumonia and we lost her along with her unborn kids... I have an unregistered doe and my buck still, but she was my only KGBA Kinder. My family and I are heart broken...

CandyMountain, your goats are beautys<3

16. MsScamp

MsScamp New Member

Jan 31, 2010
    Wyoming
    I'm so sorry BlazeofGlory. :(

CandyMountain, your girls and their kids are beautiful!

17. CandyMountainGoats

Apr 10, 2013
    Tri-Cities, Washington
    Awful!! Sorry Blaze!

18. janeen128

janeen128 New Member

Dec 31, 2012
    Edgewood, WA
    Sooo sorry Blaze of Fire!!! That is sad:( Mine are like my kids I couldn't imagine....

19. janeen128

janeen128 New Member

Dec 31, 2012
    Edgewood, WA
    Oops. Sorry I put Blaze of fire, I meant Blaze of Glory.