Florida Anyone in the sunshine?

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by emilieanne, May 28, 2013.

1. emilieanne

emilieanne New Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Hello everyone!
    I guess this is a new part of the forum.
    I figured I'd start it for Florida!
    I am 5 minutes of Sanford in a little town called Debary. (Volusia county)
    I know we don't have many other people in Florida on here...
    I have nigerian's, purebred registered & not registered.
    I also have A few nubians. Only one registered.
    What else do you have and where at in florida are you?

2. GoatsLive

GoatsLive Member

We're near Brooksville, Florida. We moved here 8 years ago specifically to have a hobby farm and raise goats. We were in Sarasota for 30 years, but grew tired of the dead restrictions and super high property taxes.

3. emilieanne

emilieanne New Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Ahhh:)
    Nice to have you on here!!
    Do you show?

4. GoatsLive

GoatsLive Member

Show, no. My girls are just pets, and internet stars :D
    We have thousands of people every month watching them on our web site..,

5. emilieanne

emilieanne New Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Awesome!:)
    Well goats are goats and no matter what, they're amazing<3
    Even if your baby's birthday is today and she wouldn't give you a kiss!-_- lol

6. LOL we live in Queensland THE Sunshine State as its known.teejae

7. emilieanne

emilieanne New Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Never heard of that.. I feel dumb for asking this but is it in fl?

8. :eyeroll: Queensland is in Australia,have a look on Google Earth....lol. teejae

9. emilieanne

emilieanne New Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Lol ooooopsie!

10. capra

capra New Member

May 7, 2013
    Hi
    We are Flairs Fayre, south of Miami. We have a mixed herd of Saanens, LaManchas, and Nubians, all registered or recorded grade. We sell milk, whey, and cheese (according to the State of Florida, for Pet use , not for human consumption), and goat milk soap.
    We have 4 bucks- 2 Nubians, a Saanen and a LaMancha (he plays soccer and jumps through a hula hoop!).
    www.flairfayre.com

ForumRunner_20131030_093234.jpg

typed on my little tiny keyboard

11. emilieanne

emilieanne New Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Welcome Capra!
    You're on the other side of the state from me but I know a few breeders down in south Miami!!:)
    That's awesome!

12. goatsgalorefm

goatsgalorefm New Member

Dec 15, 2013
    I'm in Ft. Myers with goats, but commute. Part time (goat less) in Kissimmee -3days a week, then down to FM for 4 days as hubby works down there. Barbara with Goatsgalorefm!

13. emilieanne

emilieanne New Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Welcome to TGS!!
    Do you have a website? I'd like to check it out.
    And I guess I should post mind lol.

Tipsytfarm.weebly.com

14. armortrails

armortrails New Member

Jan 8, 2014
    Florida
    Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum and new to goats. I just got my first two Nigerian does. I live in Loxahatchee, It's in Palm Beach County. There are not a lot of Floridians on this Forum, and It will be nice to get to know all of you.

15. emilieanne

emilieanne New Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Hi armortrails! Would you like to tell us a little more about your nigerian does? Where you got them from and such?:) welcome to the forum! I'm sure you will love it & find it really helpful!!

16. armortrails

armortrails New Member

Jan 8, 2014
    Florida
    Hi Emilieanne.
    Well, lets see.
    I have only had them about two weeks, and I love them. They are the sweetest animals. They are only 9 weeks and 10 weeks old.
    I have had horses, cows, donkeys, but never any goats. In fact, I really wasn't ever interested in getting goats. Until, I met a lady down street that has Nubians.
    I got some milk from her one day, and was shocked that it tasted so much like my cows milk. I had been missing my cows milk ever since I had to get rid of her last year.
    I never even considered that goats milk could compare. I knew as soon as I tasted their milk, I was getting some goats. However, I never expected to like them so much too.

I did a lot of research, and decided to go with a smaller breed than Nubians. Although, I love her goats, I really wanted to start small. I didn't want anything as big as my mini donkey.
    She recommend a person she knew with Nigerian dwarfs. I went to see them, and I came home with two does.
    I have been learning so much on this forum, and looking forward to learning much more and getting to know all of you.

17. Sheffba

Sheffba Sheffba

Dec 10, 2012
    Florida
    We live in Alachua, Fl and have 3 goats and new babies on the way :)

18. armortrails

armortrails New Member

Jan 8, 2014
    Florida
    Hi Sheffba
    Congratulations on your upcoming babies. I can't wait to have babies and milk too. However, since mine are still babies themselves, I have a long wait.

19. emilieanne

emilieanne New Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Well guys, it sounds like y'all are both really really excited for this amazing journey! Just to give you a little info about my self, I am 16 and have had goats since I was 9. I just started showing them around 4 years ago & I don't know what I would do without my animals.

I actually show February 6, 7, 8, and 9 I'm Tampa at the Florida state fair.
    You don't not have to be a kid to show your goats either ;) if you ever are thinking about trying it, don't hesitate at all!
    I can tell you I have met so many great friends, built some really strong bonds with people & my goats, I've also just genuinely learned a lot about goats overall, through my goats!

When your does kid, I don't think you will ever have a happier feeling especially if you get to be there for the birth!

I'm so excited for you two in this journey & can't wait to hear all about your experiences! :)

20. AncientBlue

AncientBlue New Member

Dec 20, 2014
    Central Florida
    I live due west of Orlando in Winter Garden and have the 3 Nigerian Dwarfs (none registered), 14 chickens and 4 dogs.

I need to do some pics and show my lovelies off. They are so much fun. I never realized that I was so much fun to climb / jump on. Billy and Sabbie (1.5 months old) are great for massages.

I love the pic above with the tennis ball horns. :ROFL: