CGK Boer Goats

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by RPC, Nov 27, 2016.

1. RPC

RPC Boer Goat Breeder

Well I have a long wait ahead of me but I am super excited so I decided to make a waiting thread early. These are horrible pasture pictures but it's all I could do being alone.
    Ally due 1-3-17 guessing single
    [​IMG]
    Puzzle due 1-7-17 guessing twins
    [​IMG]
    Martini due 1-7-17 guessing triplets she hides them well
    [​IMG]
    Daisy due 1-7-17 guessing twins
    [​IMG]
    Cinder due 1-7-17 guessing single
    [​IMG]
    Jasmine due 1-8-17 guessing twins
    [​IMG]
    Cindy due 1-8-17 guessing twins
    [​IMG]
    Natti due 1-9-17 guessing triplets
    [​IMG]
    Precious due 1-24-17 guessing twins
    [​IMG]
    Mercedes due 1-27-17 guessing single
    [​IMG]
    Lexus due 1-27-17 guessing single
    [​IMG]
    Stirred due 1-28-17 guessing twins
    [​IMG]
    Shakin due 2-18-17 guessing twins
    [​IMG]

2. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator

They all look good! Good luck!

3. RPC

RPC Boer Goat Breeder

Thank you when they get closer to their due dates I will update pictures.

4. minibarn

minibarn Active Member

Jul 20, 2010
    ontario canada
    Very nice! You're going to be really busy! Are they all bred to one buck?

5. RPC

RPC Boer Goat Breeder

Yes Hersey bred them all. He looks horrible right now due to rut so I have not taken any recent pictures of him. This was him while he was younger. But he is really tall now so now he just needs to bulk up.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    His sire is about 350 pounds so he has a lot of growing to do.

6. Suzanne_Tyler

Suzanne_Tyler GreenTGoats

Jul 19, 2014
    Pinnacle, NC
    They all look awesome!! Happy kidding :)

7. RPC

RPC Boer Goat Breeder

Thanks I can't wait

8. Jessica84

Jessica84 Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    California
    No way I like pasture pictures better :) they are all looking good! I bet you'll have some very nice kids, and it will also give me my baby fix before mine come lol I did have to take a double take on Mercedes though, I have a doe that looks just like her just older

9. RPC

RPC Boer Goat Breeder

I don't mind pasture pictures but I didn't even try to get good ones I just went out there and clicked away. Like Mercedes she is actually super long but you can't tell. When are your does due?

10. Jessica84

Oct 27, 2011
    California
    I think she looks very long and pretty. I get annoyed sitting there trying to get good shots I usually just give up and just go with it lol so I know what you mean.
    Mine are not due till late march, basically im a month in. I get sad watching everyone else kid, but in a way it makes it nice too because I can live threw other people and not have to count down the days lol I was thinking about figuring out more shelter ideas and have winter kids, but then the temps just dropped and I changed my mind because it's not even cold yet!

11. RPC

RPC Boer Goat Breeder

[​IMG]
    This is a month or 2 back she is longer. Next year I am gonna start kidding in November. How cold are your winters?

12. Jessica84

Oct 27, 2011
    California
    Lol not bad at all. It stays warm enough IF we get snow it doesn't last longer then a day. Usually the lowest low we have is 20 but every once in a blue moon it will drop down to 18-19.
    Yes I'm a cry baby ok! It's nothing to do with the animals, I don't want to be out there lol I tried for fall kids this year on a few that didn't settle last year and some yearlings but none of them cycled. I don't understand since a breeder about a hour away had fall kids :( right now I'm just crossing my fingers one of these March kids will be big enough for my son to have a wether in our September first fair. I'm going to feel real dumb having to buy him a wether lol

13. RPC

RPC Boer Goat Breeder

I don't blame you I hate winter. It's my least favorite season. I want warmer sunny weather without the possibility of snow. I just didn't know what the weather was like around you. It gets colder then I actually expected. I guess your doe that has the fastest growing kids better have a nice wether this year. I don't think you really have to worry much that should be enough time.

14. Jessica84

Oct 27, 2011
    California
    I'm more in the hills then what people have a idea or what California is. But I think it's perfect, usually no or very little fog and if I want to see snow I look at the mountain behind us lol I hate the cold too. Everyone says oh I can warm up but can't cool off. I'm fine being hot but when I get cold I'm done for the rest of the day. But I think we should make weight. My new buck was giving me kids that weaned at 50-60 and that was with a cocci issue I didn't even know was going on so I'm hoping this kidding will be great lol

15. RPC

RPC Boer Goat Breeder

My aunt lives way north of you in the foothills. I have never been out there but it looks really nice. One day I will go visit.

16. Jessica84

Oct 27, 2011
    California
    If it's north then for sure don't go visit in the winter! My parents are in Northern California right now and their high is going to be 32, that's my low right now lol they try telling me it's just a different kind of cold but I'm sorry cold is cold and anything under 60 is cold! But there is a bunch of cool things to see in California.

17. RPC

RPC Boer Goat Breeder

I would come in the fall probably. That's my slowest time that's not winter. I hate winter and -30 windchill are the worst.

18. Jessica84

Oct 27, 2011
    California
    I know nothing about - anything so you just made me cringe

19. RPC

RPC Boer Goat Breeder

Those are the Temps I deal with at kidding time and it's not any fun. Next year I am breeding for November kids. The Temps are better plus we need our wethers a little bigger at the fair. They seem to like the ones around 100 pounds now. It's actually amazing to me how many people have problems getting their wethers to gain weight.

20. Jessica84

Oct 27, 2011
    California
    Yuck! Oh I would never survive! I didn't know if I was going to make it last night just going out in 34 degrees and no wind last night lol
    People have a hard time here because it gets so hot. During the summer we will have days and days of 100+ and no wind so it just feels like your in a oven and the animals really don't want to do anything but lay under the trees. I've only watched our fair twice now with the goats and it seems the judge likes the bigger ones as well. I'm sure there's more to it then just the size lol but it seems the lighter ones don't do as well. I talked to my son and explained it to him that he may place well with the wether but he said as long as he does well on his doe and is able to sell his wether he will be happy.........we will see it that holds true when it comes time though lol