Ella hopefully pregnant

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by JK_Farms, Mar 11, 2017.

1. JK_Farms

JK_Farms Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2016
    Tennessee
    I have a purebred kiko doe that I think is pregnant so fingers crossed! If she is the only bad thing is I have no clue who the dad is! I bought her 12-29-16 so it's either from one of their bucks or my only buck! Well a few days ago she had a yellow amber colored discharge coming from her vulva. She hasn't been with my buck and the people I got her from said she was a virgin but who knows how she got pregnant! My buck is in a pen inside my does pen so he could have bred her through the fence. So why do I think she's pregnant well...... She had the discharge, I've not seen her in heat since I got her, her tummy feels really tight, I'm pretty sure her udder is starting to form but am still watching for that, and today I think I felt movement!!!!! Ill post some pics tomorrow of her. If you go to first timer breeding I have a picture of her and the discharge. So let me know what you think! :)

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator

Jul 20, 2008
    corning california
    Pictures will help.

3. JK_Farms

Nov 11, 2016
    Tennessee
    I just got some today I'll post them in a little bit. She always lays down now and I've got some pictures of that.

4. JK_Farms

Nov 11, 2016
    Tennessee
    The first pic and the pic of her stomach are from a few days ago. The stomach pic doesn't show how big she is at all. she gets exactly what all my other does get and sometimes even less because she was getting fat but now im thinking that shes not fat but just pregnant. the rest of the pics are from today.

Attached Files:

5. Suzanne_Tyler

Suzanne_Tyler GreenTGoats

Jul 19, 2014
    Pinnacle, NC
    I think I'd say she's bred.

6. JK_Farms

Nov 11, 2016
    Tennessee
    That's what im thinking. can you tell in the pic if shes making an udder? im going to try to shave her around that udder so I can watch. She just lays down so much and shes gaining weight. she doesn't feel bad cause when shes up she jumping and playing with the babies (my other does kids). she doesn't have worms and her temp is normal.

7. JK_Farms

Nov 11, 2016
    Tennessee
    She doesn't like it when im around her butt at all! She has an attitude some days but wants to love you on other days.

8. Suzanne_Tyler

Jul 19, 2014
    Pinnacle, NC
    Can't really tell. Is the skin looser/flappy there?

9. JK_Farms

Nov 11, 2016
    Tennessee
    yes very loose but its not so loose that you can see it yet when she walks. of course she is super hairy so ill have to trim her to look closer.

10. JK_Farms

Nov 11, 2016
    Tennessee
    any ideas on when shes due? and was that her mucus plug in the first pic?

11. Suzanne_Tyler

Jul 19, 2014
    Pinnacle, NC
    Looser than it used to be?

Could be the mucous plug.

There is really no way to tell when she's due. Udder development usually begins a month or so before their due date on FFs.

12. JK_Farms

Nov 11, 2016
    Tennessee
    yes its a lot looser than it used to be. when I got her I would touch where her udder area should form because I milk all my girls so I get them use to it as soon as I can. this is her first time. she is 11 months old.

13. Suzanne_Tyler

Jul 19, 2014
    Pinnacle, NC
    Then I would say definitely bred.

14. JK_Farms

Nov 11, 2016
    Tennessee
    Ok well that's good hopefully its by my buck and not the previous owners. her dad was in the pen right beside them. I told the previous owner what im experiencing and for some reason she keeps getting so defensive saying that she probably has worms or something or that she's in heat. I put her in with my buck when I saw the discharge and my buck didn't want anything to do with her and trust me if she was in heat he would have gone crazy!!!!!

15. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    corning california
    The pic with the discharge doesn't look right, looks like maybe blood? Does she stink back there?
    You should see a white or a clear discharge.

The udder area, all you have to do is feel it. Is it flat, you just feel her teats or is there a pouch forming with a milk pouch?
    It will be small at first, but can be felt before you can see it. If it is flat, she doesn't have an udder starting and may not be pregnant. Or if that is blood discharge may of aborted.

As mentioned, you can't predict a due date.

16. JK_Farms

Nov 11, 2016
    Tennessee
    No it wasn't blood and she doesn't stink back there either. I shaved her today and I can't really tell for sure if she is really bagging up. It feels loose and not flat. I watch her like a hawk now and it's about been 21 days since I've started suspecting her being pregnant and she hasn't been around my buck pen at all. I took a pic of her today after I shaved her.

17. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    corning california
    If she was bred around 12-29-16, she is right on track with forming an udder. If she is indeed starting one.
    That should mean she is preggo. Usually it is 1 to 1 month and a 1/2 prior to kidding to start an udder.
    Some small discharge is normal around this time.

No baby bump is present yet, but she should be now showing body changes.

New pics would help as well.

18. JK_Farms

Nov 11, 2016
    Tennessee
    I will post pics tomorrow as the ones I took today aren't good.

19. JK_Farms

Nov 11, 2016
    Tennessee
    well these are the pics I took today sorry they aren't great she was very grumpy!

Attached Files:

20. JK_Farms

Nov 11, 2016
    Tennessee
    I couldn't get pics of her today but I did notice she had a clear discharge today and still no interest in my buck!!!! She didn't want me near her butt today but I'm not seeing an udder forming quite yet.