FF Amelia

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by minibarn, Jan 25, 2017.

1. minibarn

minibarn Active Member

Jul 20, 2010
    ontario canada
    Amelia came back to me and she's pregnant! I bought her along with a dappled Boer buckling 2 yrs ago and then sold her a few months later to a friend. Now this friend needs to downsize and I got her back! Amelia is a small commercial Boer. My friend raised a mixed breed bottle buckling a year ago and had him neutered. Last fall she saw him trying to breed does and it was discovered the castration had NOT been done properly. So Amelia became pregnant with his kids! I'm excited to see what she has! I doubt it will be anything I'll want to keep long term but should be interesting! And an unknown due date too! Anyone want to guess how long till she kids? Any guesses on what breed the buck is? My friend thought possibly dairy? maybe pygmy cross? He is probly only 80-100 lbs now at 1 year old.

Attached Files:

2. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator

Pretty girl!

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator

Jul 20, 2008
    corning california
    Nice. ;)

4. SalteyLove

SalteyLove New Member

Jun 18, 2011
    New England
    I would guess Nubian/Nigerian cross for the buckling! I bet the kids come out with full boer/Nubian ears.

I bet Amelia has twin does around February 25th for you! I have a doe due February 11th (thank you escaped weaned junior keeper buckling...and thank goodness I wrote down the escape date!) and Amelia looks 1-2 weeks behind her udder-wise. But of course, this is all a guessing game!

5. GoatCrazy01

GoatCrazy01 Member

Feb 14, 2016
    Michigan
    Love her coloring! The buck looks like a Nubian cross to me. As SalteyLove suggested- maybe crossed with a Nigerian Dwarf? I'd say maybe 3-4 weeks to go. :)

6. minibarn

minibarn Active Member

Jul 20, 2010
    ontario canada
    Thanks for the guesses! I was thinking she might still wait a month which is just fine with me. I'll have some lambs due then too!

7. RPC

RPC Boer Goat Breeder

Good luck I hope it all goes well.

8. Lisalisa89

Lisalisa89 New Member

Oct 18, 2016
    Tennessee
    The face of the buck is most deff a Nigerian face lol just the expression idk reminds me of my goats so I guess a Nigerian cross and because the ears I'd guess Nubian or boer

9. Suzanne_Tyler

Suzanne_Tyler GreenTGoats

Jul 19, 2014
    Pinnacle, NC
    Her coloring is awesome!!! Good luck :)

10. minibarn

minibarn Active Member

Jul 20, 2010
    ontario canada
    Here's Amelia today....ligaments are soft and udder has grown a bit I think. Wonder how much longer:scratch:

Attached Files:

11. LuvMyNigies

LuvMyNigies Member

Sep 14, 2013
    Following!
    Can't wait to see what she has for you! :-D

12. RPC

RPC Boer Goat Breeder

Her udder looks like it still has some room to grow. Maybe a few more weeks?

13. minibarn

minibarn Active Member

Jul 20, 2010
    ontario canada
    I'm hoping she waits a couple more weeks anyway. We plan to be away overnight feb 19-20 for family day wknd so it would be great if she waits till after that.

14. minibarn

minibarn Active Member

Jul 20, 2010
    ontario canada
    Ok. Getting nervous. We are leaving sunday morning and coming back monday night from a little family getaway trip. Amelia hasn't really changed much so I'm hopeful she'll be waiting till after I'm back. But I'm also scared she'll kid while I'm gone. I have the neighbour family doing my chores and am quite sure they can handle it but.....makes me nervous anyway!

15. minibarn

minibarn Active Member

Jul 20, 2010
    ontario canada
    I'm back...and she's still preggo.:) But her udder is definitely fuller than 2 days ago and she has short white mucous plug string. Would love to have kids tomorrow!

16. GoatCrazy01

GoatCrazy01 Member

Feb 14, 2016
    Michigan
    Sounds like she's getting closer! Happy kidding! :)

17. Suzanne_Tyler

Suzanne_Tyler GreenTGoats

Jul 19, 2014
    Pinnacle, NC
    Yay! Maybe she'll go for ya soon :)

18. minibarn

minibarn Active Member

Jul 20, 2010
    ontario canada
    OK it's time to let them out Amelia! I worried all last wknd for nothing! Figures. Here she is this morning......very sunken, barely has ligs, udder filling but not strutted yet. Can't wait much longer!

Attached Files:

19. SalteyLove

SalteyLove New Member

Jun 18, 2011
    New England
    Oh she could hold off another week with that udder!

20. goatblessings

goatblessings Fair-Haven

Jan 5, 2015
    Southwest Ohio
    Beautiful girl! Good luck!