goat muscle building toys!

Discussion in 'Meat Market' started by goatgirl132, Nov 18, 2012.

1. goatgirl132

goatgirl132 New Member

Oct 17, 2012
    Texas
    I was wondering if anyone knew of any great muscle building toys for Boer Wether show goats?!

My club teacher was talking about something using an axle from a house and putting something on top of it so they have to use all their muscles to keep it steadey or it will swivle over and they will fall off
    Any clue how to make this if so any pictures????

Any other toys???

I already run them, we just moved them into a big round pin and I wanna put in some toys and figured they should be muscle builders.

2. fd123

fd123 Senior Member

May 29, 2012
    macon, Ga.
    Sounds like your teacher recommended a "SEE-SAW"...Heres a pic of one i threw together one evening..The goats love it!! Ive noticed them getting on it by themselves for the most part, and balancing it by standing in the center....But every so often i see 2 or 3 on it making it see-saw... and pushing each other off kinda playing QUEEN OF THE HILL!!

Attached Files:

3. fd123

fd123 Senior Member

May 29, 2012
    macon, Ga.
    NOTE; Dont make 1 to high because it has a tendacy of smacking them on the chin!!... lol....

4. goatgirl132

goatgirl132 New Member

Oct 17, 2012
    Texas
    Ohhh that makes since haha
    thank you!!! :)

5. goatgirl132

goatgirl132 New Member

Oct 17, 2012
    Texas
    How tall is yours?
    Would this also be good for my show/ breeding Boer nannies?

6. fd123

fd123 Senior Member

May 29, 2012
    macon, Ga.
    Its good for ALL GOATS!! They get bored and start getting into trouble if you dont give them things to do...The bolts that go in the center of the 4x4 that the 2x12 is screwed onto are about 1 1/2 ft high...These are super easy to make and the goats love it!! You can throw 1 of these together in less than 30 minutes ...you dont have to use the same type/size wood as i did on mine....but MAKE SURE That you use LONG BOLTS with washers between the 4x4 that swivels in the center or they will back out on you! My goats play on this this all day and ALL NIGHT..its been up for a little over a month with no issues..>> (except i initually used too short of bolts and they backed out).. when the short bolts fell out and the see saw didnt work my goats started screaming like something was killing them!!lol...i thought something bad had happened! when they just wanted their see saw fixed!! LOL....Im planning on building some more cool toys for them next week... ill post some picks when i do and advise how the goats like them..

Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
  7. goatgirl132

goatgirl132 New Member

Oct 17, 2012
    Texas
    Thank you!!!
    We have lots of stuff for the does to climb on a table, homemade luggage rack still attached to the surburban (they can't get on top of the surburban though thank goodness dad would kill me haha) , a barrel, a old doghouse
    They get bored with them so fast It astonishes me! I hope this keeps them entertained it sounds like it will!!
    Thank you :)

8. fd123

fd123 Senior Member

May 29, 2012
    macon, Ga.
    Your VERY WELCOME!

9. goatgirl132

goatgirl132 New Member

Oct 17, 2012
    Texas
    My dad made me one for my boys going to shows (I have another going to auction and one I'm flooring)
    He's gunna make me one for my girls to
    I was watching them play on it for a while today
    to funny!! One of mine figured out he can crawl under it and kept crawling back and forth under it lol!

10. Micgrace

Micgrace New Member

Sep 21, 2012
    South, MS
    Im confused, how do I fasten the board in the center so that it will move back and forth? Seems as if you fasted it down it would prevent it from moving.

11. goatgirl132

goatgirl132 New Member

Oct 17, 2012
    Texas
    This is what my dad made me!! My 3 boys loveit!!

ForumRunner_20121126_225524.jpg

ForumRunner_20121126_225511.jpg

ForumRunner_20121126_225503.jpg

ForumRunner_20121126_225545.jpg

ForumRunner_20121126_225556.jpg

ForumRunner_20121126_225627.jpg

Attached Files:

12. fd123

fd123 Senior Member

May 29, 2012
    macon, Ga.
    Micgrace - the long board (2x12) is screwed to the little post underneath it..and the 2 post in the ground are screwed into the center of the little post that the long board is screwd into! I pre-drilled the 2 post coming outta the ground and used a very long shanked screw-bolt with washers between the 2 ground and the little post that swivels!
    Did that make sense?? or...did i confuse you more? lol
    Goatgirl132 - Congrats on your new goat toy! I told you theyd love it!:D

13. pop5

pop5 New Member

Oct 20, 2011
    i have a big fallen tree trunk in the middle of their pen and they love jumping on and off that, my friend has an upturned bath for hers and her goats seem to like that more, i think maybe the noise it makes when they jump on it lol

14. goatgirl132

goatgirl132 New Member

Oct 17, 2012
    Texas
    It might be the noise!!!
    I had a friend that had family comming over for a coupple days and needed the goats quiet, so they covered a coupple of their toys with that crinkle stuff on the top and keppt the goats busy with amusement the whole time!! Lol
    the things that keep them busy!!