How do I give the Lute?

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by NubianLover, Jul 12, 2012.

1. NubianLover

NubianLover New Member

Sep 19, 2010
    Nebraska
    My vet dropped off a couple doses this morning for the goats while I was still sleeping so didn't get to ask him how I give it (IM, SQ?)
    Also, does it need to be in the fridge or can I just leave it on the counter?
    I won't be giving the shots until at least Tuesday if not a couple days later than that.
    Thanks!

2. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator

You will want to refridgerate the Lutalyse. It must be given IM.

3. NubianLover

NubianLover New Member

Sep 19, 2010
    Nebraska
    Well, I stuck it in the fridge.... It had sat on the counter for a bit and out in the trailer. I don't know if he had it cold or not.... hope it will still work? He's the only person I can get it from.....

4. goatsnmore

goatsnmore New Member

Feb 22, 2011
    It does not have to be refrigerated. The box reads: Store at controlled room temperature 20 to 25 C (68 to 77 F). It needs to be given IM.

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator

Jul 20, 2008
    corning california
    Lutalyse is a hormone....it should be given IM....be very careful...

If it was room temperature and not over hot and not left in the sun... it should be OK...but...I would verify with your vet....

6. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Please be careful with this drug...if there is ANY chance that you are pregnant...let someone else give the shot. I know everybody knows this...but...I've nicked myself giving shots more than once... :doh:

7. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    I would double check everything with your vet...just to be safe. :thumb: