My goat wont shut up!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by AlaskaBoers, Jul 30, 2009.

1. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    omg Dawn has been out there yelling since 6am. really loud, long screams of pain...so I go out there and shes just standing in her house comfortably with her kids cuddled up beside her. :roll: grrr. our neighbors are going to think were torturing her!

so of course i think....well maybe they need more water....nope, food? probably but they will get fed in a few hours anyway..and she's NO where near skinny. hmmmm, so i went in and checked if she's bloated, nope, something stuck in her feet? noo, well...okay, so I went back inside and as soon as I shut the door "WAAAAAhhhAAooohh" :doh:

and she cant be lonely..there 8 others in there...maybe she is psychic and knows that therers two great families coming to look at her and her kids today :shrug:

2. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    When you find out what shuts her trap let me know. I've got a wether here who screams just like that for no reason and I can't get him to SHUT UP! :angry:

I feel your pain. :hug:

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator

Jul 20, 2008
    corning california
    How strange... :scratch:

How's her udder?

4. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    her udders fine, small, but thats because ff and her kids are sucking right it right out just as its made.

5. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    corning california
    I am at a loss .... as to why ...she is crying out like that.....it is very unusual.....that is for sure.... :scratch:

6. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    yep! me too

i finally went and fed them..so now its less frequent and its muffled by the hay LOL

muuaffhaah. lol

7. ProctorHillFarm

ProctorHillFarm New Member

:slapfloor:

What are the chances she is in heat? When you got her- she was already bred correct, maybe she has really strong heats?
    I have known some does who are TOTALLY obnoxious when they are in heat.
    :shrug:

8. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Yeah I have several does I have trouble NOT breeding because they are such PIA's when they are in heat.

9. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    do they come in heat this quickly after kidding? its only been a week...maybe i've just never noticed!

I got her open, and she was very loud when in heat...so this could be right. oh well, i'm not breeding her this soon!

10. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    its ok now..I sold her with both of her kids to a reputable breeder!!! :)

11. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

A lot of does do ome into a kidding heat a week or two after they kid. She could be in heat. or she may be yearning for human companionship.
    beth

12. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    i think she was just in heat. she isnt a very friendly-people-person goat lol

13. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    corning california
    great job on selling her...that was quick... :greengrin:

14. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    yes very popular goats.
    i had three people wanting to see them, within 12 hours of posting, and sold the first visit.

i only have 5 goats!!! 2 Fullblood, 2 88% and one 97% boer. I have all red heads finally. and I'm getting a SUPER breeding deal this year, just need to figure out how to get my 4 does 600 miles north and back. lol

15. shadycreekgoats

shadycreekgoats New Member

Mar 23, 2009
    Northern Illinois
    Congrats on selling them that fast!!! :greengrin:

16. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    I know how you feel about all the noise. I have four bucks talking to the 12 does that are flagging. I am about to go crazy. :hair:

17. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    yeah, thankfully all of the boers have low deep bleats, so its not as annoying as the shrill -fire- engine blaring coming from those normal goats LOL