Nibbles

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by heathermae85, May 30, 2017.

1. heathermae85

heathermae85 New Member

May 19, 2017
    My sweet, sweet Nibbles. Last March my uncle, who has a cattle trucking business, called me and asked if I'd be interested in a goat. He knew I had goats as a teenager and that I love them dearly, I recently moved to an area where I can have them again, so I wandered over to see what he had.
    I saw this small, not even fully grown, little girl and the moment she saw me she KNEW I was there to rescue her. I could see it in her eyes. I had to have her. I wasn't prepared and I had to take her right then or she was headed to auction.
    So I did. Walked her home with a leash made of some rope I found and put her in our barn with water. Sent my son to get hay (my dad has a dairy farm) and I ran to the feed store to get some things!
    She was such a great goat. I mean, really, really, great. I just loved her with every fiber of my being. Through her naughtiness and that time she gave me an accidental black eye with her horns, she always made me laugh and I would just sit out in her pasture in the evenings and talk to her and brush her. She was my dog lol!
    Suddenly she had a crooked head and walked weird. No warning. Just boom. I talked to my friend who has goats and she suspected listeriosis as did I. I phoned the vet and she was on his way to my area anyway so she stopped and gave the same diagnosis and a ton of meds.
    Night and day, every couple hours I was out there, setting my alarm all hours of the night, I tried so, so hard, but it wasn't enough. 10 days later I had the vet come back and knew it was over. She passed May 18. She was only 2.
    We don't know how she got it. I know that it can come from spoiled food but her food is great. All I can think of is maybe she got some older grass clippings from mowing the lawn but I really don't know. I've been completely devastated over this loss though. I miss her greatly.

[​IMG]

2. Serenity Woods

Serenity Woods Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Beautiful girl. She was awfully lucky to have a human like you that loved her so much.

3. Suzanne_Tyler

Suzanne_Tyler GreenTGoats

Jul 19, 2014
    Pinnacle, NC
    I am so sorry :(

4. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator

Sorry you lost her.

5. catharina

catharina Catharina

Mar 16, 2016
    Northern California
    I'm sorry you lost her! Sounds like she was really special. :rose: You surely did your best, & she knew you were trying to help her.

6. PowersFarm

PowersFarm New Member

Apr 25, 2017
    That is tough I am sorry to hear about your loss. Sounds like you greatly improved her quality of life and these things happen nothing you can do. When the time comes and your ready. You should get another you sound like a great owner. All the Best - DJ

7. heathermae85

heathermae85 New Member

May 19, 2017
    Thanks everyone, it's nice to vent to people who get it

I do have more, I had a pair of Nigerian Dwarf (brother/sister) that I took in from an elderly lady after I had gotten Nibbles, they searched for her for days poor things.

Just this past Monday I took in another pair of Nubian/Alpines (sister/sister) from an elderly man. They're all very sweet, it helps, but Nibbles had her own personality that I will always miss!

8. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator

Jul 20, 2008
    corning california
    I am so very sorry. :(