Nigerian dwarf buckling with curly texture hair??

Discussion in 'Goat Conformation' started by hiddenhollowsfarm, Feb 16, 2017.

1. hiddenhollowsfarm

hiddenhollowsfarm New Member

Aug 28, 2016
    Sunny South!
    ImageUploadedByGoat Forum1487265086.331711.jpg

ImageUploadedByGoat Forum1487265188.895196.jpg

This little guy seems to have an almost curly hair texture. Has anyone else had a buckling like this? Will his hair straighten out as he gets older? It is very luxurious and soft. But according to ND standards, it's not a good thing?

2. MoonShadow

MoonShadow FancyDay Farm

Mar 1, 2015
    Yes, as long as he's 100% ND and has nothing mixed in, It should straighten out as he gets older and loses his soft baby fur. :)

3. hiddenhollowsfarm

Aug 28, 2016
    Sunny South!
    Yes he's adga registered. I think he's a nice buckling, just that hair was different than what I've seen. Thanks for your reply.

4. ShireRidgeFarm

ShireRidgeFarm Member

Sep 24, 2015
    Northern WV
    I had a doeling born like this, and her dam actually had kind of curly hair as a baby. Her dam's hair is normal now.

5. Jessica84

Jessica84 Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    California
    Well it's not a Nigi but I have a boer with curly hair that I bought last year. I have never seen one with curly hair and honestly thought some copper would straighten her out, nope. And she is 100% with the papers to back it
    ImageUploadedByGoat Forum1487305656.475715.jpg

6. catharina

catharina Catharina

Mar 16, 2016
    Northern California
    I love the curls!

7. J.O.Y. Farm

J.O.Y. Farm ~Crazy Goat Lady~

Jan 10, 2012
    New Hampshire
    Oh what a cutie!!!

Careful with that hay net, I'd hate for you to walk out and find someone hung up in it!

8. hiddenhollowsfarm

Aug 28, 2016
    Sunny South!
    Thanks everyone! Yes the curls are cute. Yes, about the hay net, I've thought the same thing. It's usually full of hay so not a threat then, plus I can see it from the kitchen and I do spend too much time gazing at my little goat herd also our goats have a fun play/climbing set, so they usually leave the net alone. But thanks for the reminder, anything can happen...

9. J.O.Y. Farm

J.O.Y. Farm ~Crazy Goat Lady~

Jan 10, 2012
    New Hampshire
    Just wanted to mention it :) I had one get caught up in one, so seeing them scares me haha :) luckily my girl was fine, she was smart and stayed still and didn't freak out.. she was just calling out so when I went to find her and found her like that... it was pretty scary! I just hugged her and cried.. lol