Sandhills Small Ruminant Association Summer Show

Discussion in 'Show Circuit' started by IHEARTGOATS, Jun 12, 2017.

1. IHEARTGOATS

IHEARTGOATS Active Member

Jun 14, 2016
    Zebulon, NC
    We attended a brand new ADGA dairy goat show hosted by the Sandhills Small Ruminant Association at the Carolina Horse Park in Raeford NC.
    Excellent facility.

It was 2 rings, Sr's, Jr's and Bucks. They didn't sanction a champion challenge so no best of breed to compete for, so we left all of our finished does at home.

Worked out well for us though.

Our 6 year old doe One Fine Acre Chocolate Kiss 2*M was Grand Champion Sr. doe in both rings.
    She is about as fine a doe in General Appearance, Dairy Strength and Body Capacity you will find.

She has great udder capacity and rear attachment but has always yielded a few points on teat placement and her fore udder doesn't blend smoothly.

Her Linear Appraisal score last year was 91 EEEV

She has always come up a little short in the ring to our other girls but this was her weekend.

Our 7 year old buck Madison's Meadow Rocky Road was Grand Champion in Ring 1.

Our 3 year old buck Sinai Thunder AD Valiant *B*S was Reserve Grand Champion in Ring 2.

So, now I've got a doe and buck with 2 legs. Going to look and see if any shows in the vicinity.
    IMG_2722.JPG
    Cocoa 1.jpg
    Cocoa 2.jpg
    IMG_2726.jpg
    Line up 1.jpg
    Line up 2.jpg
    Line up 3.jpg

Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
  2. Suzanne_Tyler

Suzanne_Tyler GreenTGoats

Jul 19, 2014
    Pinnacle, NC
    Wow, very nice :) Congrats!

3. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator

Congratulations!

4. IHEARTGOATS

Jun 14, 2016
    Zebulon, NC
    I have a beautiful Blue Eyed Chamoise buckling from her available if you are interested
    His paternal grand dam is GCH Little Tots Estate 1*M the foundation Doe of our herd
    She apraised 91 VEEE
    He has a twin sister that we can already tell has better teat placement than her dam
    I'll make you a deal if you are going to get off the sideline and start showing your goats :)

Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
  5. Suzanne_Tyler

Jul 19, 2014
    Pinnacle, NC
    I'm giving away my last ND in a few weeks. Thanks for the offer though, if I was continuing with NDs I'd definitely jump on it. You have some amazing goats!! :)

6. margaret

margaret merryoaks

Aug 30, 2013
    nc
    It was a great new show! We loved the facility. Congrats on your wins! We had GCH Alpine sr. Doe, GCH & RCH jr. Doe and BJDIS in ring 2. Cameron in ring 1 didn't like our goats much lol

7. IHEARTGOATS

Jun 14, 2016
    Zebulon, NC
    You did great
    Was very happy for you

8. IHEARTGOATS

Jun 14, 2016
    Zebulon, NC
    Why are you quitting the little goats?

9. Suzanne_Tyler

Jul 19, 2014
    Pinnacle, NC
    My ND doe got bred by my standard buck last year, she is amazing at jumping fences and I didn't realize in time. I just don't want to risk it again.

10. IHEARTGOATS

Jun 14, 2016
    Zebulon, NC
    I'm going the opposite direction
    I have about 50 little goats.
    Getting 2 big ones in a couple of weeks
    Can't turn down a daughter of an ADGA nationals champ