Urine Scald

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by nancy d, Feb 9, 2012.

1. nancy d

nancy d Moderator

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    What's be best treatment for urine scald that you have used? Just discovered the buck has it pretty good. :sigh:

2. wash it good then coat the entire area with bag balm so no more urine gets on the skin and it helps it heal.

3. liz

liz New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I do as Logan said, but I've also used Desitin( or the Dollar General evuivalent)

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator

Jul 20, 2008
    corning california
    Yep... I agree... :thumb:

5. nancy d

nancy d Moderator

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    Thanks you guys! Just got done treating. Washed with weak betadine solution, dried him off & applied bag balm. After clean up it wasnt as bad as it looked initially. Mud spots can be deceiving!

6. Yea DK has bag balm all over his legs right now to prevent it. The other 2 boys don't seam to pee on the legs as much but he sure was. :wink:

7. Topperfox

Topperfox New Member

Dec 5, 2013
    I maintain a burn-free buck by spraying the typical burn areas & his face with PAM. Yep - the pan spray. I spray his chest, underarms, back of his front legs, under his neck, etc. It can be done through the fence. A light coat is best. Your not trying to seal off the skin - just trying to repel the vast majority of the urine. I spray him once a week on Mondays.