What is the craziest thing you have seen on cragslist?

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Suzanne_Tyler, May 19, 2017.

1. Suzanne_Tyler

Suzanne_Tyler GreenTGoats

Jul 19, 2014
    Pinnacle, NC
    Or anywhere else goats are posted for sale.

I saw an ad that was for a small herd of goats - several adults and a few kids. It said the adults had had their top teeth removed, but the kids had not. :?

2. billiejw89

billiejw89 Active Member

LOL wow!!! that is interesting

3. cheyenne

cheyenne Junior Member

Aug 20, 2011
    MO
    LOL! That's hilarious! :slapfloor:

4. MoonShadow

MoonShadow FancyDay Farm

Mar 1, 2015
    Top teeth removed. . .WHAT!!!!:slapfloor::slapfloor::slapfloor:

5. KansasRev

KansasRev New Member

Apr 28, 2017
    Salina, Kansas
    Rofl. Send them an email and ask them how they got the teeth out, that you would like to gum your herd. Lol

Post their response. :)

6. Jessica84

Jessica84 Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    California
    Well where are these goats! I might be able to make some serious money with a new kind of goat that has too teeth. I can see it now.....has top teeth for higher weight gain, better digestions and oh boy if you give me time I can come up with a awesome sales pitch lol
    But usually what I see is just lies and BS. One guy breeds for March kids and has sold kids to X fair that is in May and they topped the market. Well I know for a fact they have to be under a year, and there is no way that a month old is 70+ pounds.
    Another guy who is actually a buyer of mine only buys fullblood goats but never does the papers, and only buys goats that their birth rank is 2 or more. He's never bought a 100% from me and over the years has purchased 5 kids that were singles sooooo.......

7. Suzanne_Tyler

Jul 19, 2014
    Pinnacle, NC
    Lol! I actually saw it a while ago, so mad at myself for not contacting them or screenshotting it or SOMETHING!!!!!!!! :doh: I went back a few days later to find it, and it wasn't up anymore.

8. Dayna

Dayna Active Member

Aug 16, 2012
    Keaau Hawaii
    I didn't screen shot or save it. But suffice it to say a young couple was looking for a free goat in milk. They were willing to trade adult acts for that goat (not with the goat obviously).

I flagged it right away, I mean, I'm pretty sure its against craigslist rules?! lol And since this is a family friendly forum, thats all I will say about the ad.

It was by far the worst/craziest goat wanted ad I've ever seen.

9. GoatGirlInTraining

GoatGirlInTraining Member

Mar 26, 2017
    :shocked:

10. Goats Rock

Goats Rock Member

Jun 20, 2011
    NE Ohio
    Dayna, thanks for the laugh! The world is certainly full of "interesting" people, for sure!

11. mariarose

mariarose Active Member

Oct 23, 2014
    SouthCentralKY, USA
    I can't top any of these, but I did enjoy one ad that showed a picture of goats, the title said sheep, and the body of the ad called them both sheep and goats. And yes, they were calling the same animals both species, not selling 2 species in 1 ad.

Last edited: May 22, 2017
  12. mariarose

mariarose Active Member

Oct 23, 2014
    SouthCentralKY, USA
    This involved CL, but wasn't actually on CL. I answered an ad, they responded with different info than was in the ad I answered. I pointed out what the ad actually said. They wrote back and literally told me I had "answered the wrong ad"!!!!

Last edited: May 20, 2017
  13. MoonShadow

MoonShadow FancyDay Farm

Mar 1, 2015
    :doh:If I ever had any faith in humanity it is now loooong gone!!

14. Suzanne_Tyler

Jul 19, 2014
    Pinnacle, NC
    Oh wow. :scratch:

15. Jessica84

Jessica84 Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    California
    *****jessica is keeping her fingers off the keyboard and stepping away from this one since she has many replies to that one that might get her in trouble lol*****

16. IHEARTGOATS

IHEARTGOATS Active Member

Jun 14, 2016
    Zebulon, NC
    I saw an ad for a Nigerian Dwarf for $200
    The goat in the picture wasn't their goat and I knew it immediately
    They had taken the picture of the Nigerian Dwarf from Wikipedia
    Flat Rocks Here For The Party

17. Goat_Scout

Goat_Scout Active Member

Mar 23, 2017
    Louisiana
    A few months ago back when we were in search of another milk cow to replace one of ours, I saw an ad on Craigslist with a Jersey calf for sale. The two pictures were very good quality and I thought that it was probably a scam. The ad said that they had a large dairy farm and due to an 'oil mine' or something they had to get rid of their sweet little calf, Betsy. "Betsy loved being scratched behind the ears".
    Me and my brother googled "Jersey calf" and on Flickr the exact same photos of "Betsy" came up. Below the pictures on Flickr it said "Nicholas as a young calf. Nicholas is a male jersey calf....etc", and it was dated back to 2008! Honest people sure are scarce nowadays. :/

Last edited: May 20, 2017
  18. Suzanne_Tyler

Jul 19, 2014
    Pinnacle, NC
    Just saw an ad advertising Bore goats. They must be a real bore.... lol

19. lilaalil

lilaalil Member

Sep 5, 2014
    I guess there are a lot of people out there who don't know the difference between a sheep and a goat.