07 doe kid for sale

Discussion in 'Goats For Sale' started by sparks879, Dec 8, 2007.

1. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

I have an Alpine doe kid from March of 07 for sale, she would make a wonderful start for a mini alpine line, she is a little on the small side, only weighing about fifty five lbs. Her dam was on the small side as well.
    She can be seen on my website (rhythm) Only priced at $150!
    thanks for looking
    beth

2. eliya

eliya New Member

WOW that is tiny! I have several MININubian March kids that are already 55 lbs!

3. Duchesse

Duchesse Active Member

Oct 31, 2007
    Roxboro,NC
    I'm interested in all mini breeds.

What is the average mature weights for your mini nubians?

Also what is the mature weights of these mini alpines?

Is this a new breed?

What is the cross?

I considered the mini nubian at one time , I love the ears. :) I also learned of the kinder, a cross between a nubian and the pygmy. I thought this might suit my needs better. I want at least one of all of the mini breeds except the pygora (I don't have time for shearing twice a year).

I've heard of the mini La Mancha, Mini Nubian, now the mini Alpine, Any other minis in the works out there?

4. eliya

eliya New Member

My does are around 75-100 lbs. They can be a little bigger or a little smaller depending. The average height of my does is 24" My shortest doe is 21.5" at the withers and my tallest doe is 26 or 27"

I would guess that they would be similar to the MiniNubians, but never having had them couldn't say for sure.

Which one? The whole idea of the mini dairy breeds (not talking about Nigies or dairy pygmies) is fairly new - a bit less than 20 years.

All standard size dairy breeds can be bred to Nigerians to produce a 'mini" of that breed. Nubian to Nigerian to create MiniNubian, Alpine to Nigerian for MiniAlpine, Toggenburg to Nigerian..... See my 'About MiniNubians' page of my site for more info on how to get the mini breeds.

Yep! See above. There are Mini Alpine, Mini LaManchas, Mini Obers, MiniNubians, Mini Toggenburgs and Mini Saanens (can't think how to spell that at the moment...) I can tell you that I have had a ton of fun with the MiniNubian breed and would love to see more of the mini breeds in person.

5. Duchesse

Duchesse Active Member

Oct 31, 2007
    Roxboro,NC
    The mini saanens sound nice. I think they are beautiful and very feminine. I heard they are very docile as well. It seems like my list keeps growing. :D

I want a kinder(they are prolific and dual purpose, a nigi ( it must have moon spots, Muddy Creek has a buck named Blue who is to die for, a myotonic, the myotonia makes the muscles/meat tender and last but not least I love the pygmy, I have two unregistered does now but, they're registered in my heart and here to stay :lol: .

6. eliya

eliya New Member

UH OH, It sounds like you have been bitten by the goat bug! They sure are addicting aren't they!

7. Duchesse

Duchesse Active Member

Oct 31, 2007
    Roxboro,NC
    I promised myself I would not go above six. Now I'm keeping it to below ten because I know.......... :oops:

8. eliya

eliya New Member

LOL Isn't that the way it goes!?!?! I have a terrible time not letting my herd get huge. I try to keep it around 20. I've done pretty good this year - I only retained 4 or 5 of my doelings. After the sales I have pending go through I will only have three goats left to sell and I will be back to about 20. But then I have does due in March so will have more again. I LOOOOOVE babies!

9. Duchesse

Duchesse Active Member

Oct 31, 2007
    Roxboro,NC
    I hope she has luck selling this doe. :D

10. eliya

eliya New Member

Me too. We did get a bit off topic didn't we? :D

11. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

LOl its ok guys, Rhythm, isn't a mini herself. She is a purebred american alpine. Her dam only weighed about one hundred and thirty lbs at three years when i sold her. Rhythms sire buster topped out at two hundred and fifty lbs when i sold him as a two year old. So she really could go either way. Im just assuming she is going to follow her moms side. Bother her sistes that i have/had ( just sold lyric) have followed dads side. Lyric was one fifty as a yearling, and her sister trill who is rhythms littermate id about 90 - 100 lbs. Rhythm has always been the smallest, she was one of triplet does, and only weighed about four lbs at birth. So she would likely make a nice candidate to have mini kids. even first gens would be a little on the smaller side if she was bred to a nigie buck.
    beth

12. eliya

eliya New Member

I like the names :)

Actually any mini kids that Rhythm has will be first gens. The only way you have a higher generation is if you breed two mini's together.

I hope you find a good home for her - she sounds like a nice little lady!

13. eliya

eliya New Member

By the way, I just took a look at your site. I really like Rhythm's dam. She looks really nice in that picture. I love those long dairy necks on some of the Alpines. The dam of her sire looks nice as well. Good luck finding a good home for Rhythm!

14. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

Thanks! I liked rhythms dam too, she was a really nice doe, had a couple of best in breed wins under her, sadly they never sanctioned. Tempo went to a dairy last summer because she was just too small for my taste. She did have a very long graceful neck though. rhythm has that same long pretty neck, and a very pretty head. SHe is just small.
    beth

15. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

This little Gal is still available! She is the last animal that will be moved until kids start arriving in march!We are moving animals from whidbey island to rainier Oregon, if you live somewhere we could deliver her for some gas money.
    We are also taking deposits on kids for the 08 kidding season! Nothing has been reserved yet so there is lots to choose from. I used my buck Apex very Heavily this year! He is out of the second place milking yearling at the 04 nationals. She can be seen on the buck page of my site.
    beth