1.5 Day Baby Girl Goat Can't Keep Balance

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by GoatMoma, Feb 28, 2015.

1. GoatMoma

GoatMoma Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Tennessee
    Hi everyone! My doe Stella gave birth to a happy healthy baby boy and a weak off balance little girl Feb 26th at 1am.

The little boy is doing wonderful, hopping around, picture of perfect. The little girl, not so much. She is so wobbly that I have to hold her so she can nurse her Mom. She can stand up and does walk, but she starts falling to one side and keeps going until she falls over. She gets right back up and is wobbly but still walking until she starts ////////__ <--- like that. Other than the falling over a lot, she is great. Eating, pooping, peeing, active, alert.

I called the vet and he said it sounds to be either inner ear or neurological. Give it a few days and if not better give dexamethasone.

I just wanted to ask you all if you've experienced this before and if so is there anything at all I can do to help my little girl? Thank you in advance!

2. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

I'd be giving B Complex and cod liver oil.

3. GoatMoma

GoatMoma Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Tennessee
    Recommended dosage? She's a dwarf pygmy. Weighs maybe 2-3 pounds.

4. GoatMoma

GoatMoma Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Tennessee
    Will someone please tell me the amount of B complex and cod liver oil to give? I have no idea and can't find anything in the forums or on google. My vet has no clue. While searching I came across someone giving BOSE? Is that something I should give? Just want to help sweet little Minnie. She is trying so hard to run and jump with her brother and to eat, but she keeps falling down.

The picture is of Mom Stella, white ears is Willis and white ankle bracelet is Minnie.

:anyone::worried:

Attached Files:

5. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

I'd give her 1cc of B Complex. Do a search on here for the cod liver dosage. BoSe you would give her 1/4 cc. BoSe is selenium and then you would squirt the oil from a 400mg vitamin E pill.

6. Stacie1205

Stacie1205 New Member

Mar 25, 2011
    I found Cod liver oil in the gel caps like vitamin E caps. Just cut the end and squirt it in the mouth. But mine was a bottle baby and I was giving it with every feeding, three times a day. Don't know if that helps at all.