1 day heat?

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Sonrise Farm, Nov 21, 2008.

1. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    Well, Daisy went into heat yesterday----she was tail flagging, and swelling and discharging a bit . . .but this morning both the tail flagging and discharge are gone, and her vulva looks completely normal. She acts completely normal! And I know this was just a one day heat, I have been watching her for weeks. Do you think it was a false heat or ?

2. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    It sounds like a "real" one to me. If I'm correct, heats typically do not last much longer than a day. . . . at least our does do not have a heat cycle last longer than one day.

3. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    See, that's why I was wondering---it was on time, but with the standards (mine anyway) usually goes for 2-3 days . . . .thanks. . . :)

4. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Well, I'm hoping it is a false one so you can have Daisy babies in the spring! :D

5. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    Unfortunetely, I think it was the real thing. But spring 2010 I'll have Flower Power and Michi Kasu grandbabies! ;) So that sort of makes up for it.

6. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    A one day heat is normal for my girls.

7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    It may be normal with her.......right it down on the calender and see if she cycles in 18 to 21 days :) then watch and see if she is a 1 day..er :)

8. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    I wrote down the date approx. 18 days ago . . .so she is right on the money. :( but I am okay with that now. . .

9. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California