1 DAYS! Holly's due very soon!

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by Sara, Jan 26, 2008.

1. LiddleGoteGurl

LiddleGoteGurl New Member

Nov 29, 2007
    WI
    Guess what? Some of our does are getting bred tomorrow :roll:. Yep.. I am going to have several very, very late babies...

2. LiddleGoteGurl

Nov 29, 2007
    WI
    Actually, let me rephrase that.. my parent's does are getting bred tomorrow. All mine are due for late March/early April.

3. Sara

Sara Guest

Oct 4, 2007
    I'm so excited, do you guys think I could give her the haircut a little early? She's scheduled for Wednesday but I have a free day on Monday so could I do her then?

4. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Go for it Sara! A few days won't matter as much as a few weeks would!
    I need to get Bootsie done in a week and then Tilly and Angel as they are due within days of each other! LOL...Holly might just enjoy having it done sooner than later!

5. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Good Luck!!!!! I hope she behaves for you!

6. Sara

Sara Guest

Oct 4, 2007
    Thanks you guys. :)

7. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    She looks very nice Sara! Good luck with babies and hopefully girls for you!!! :D

8. Sara

Sara Guest

Oct 4, 2007
    Thanks! I'll take pictures tommorow after I clip her.

9. Haviris

Haviris Member

Oct 7, 2007
    So what did the babies you dreamed about look like?

I had a dream that my doe kidded, she had twins, both gold and white bucklings. One was mostly white with a gold head and blue eyes, the other was more 50/50 and had brown eyes. And in the dream I was so disappointed that they were bucks. I'm actually dying for a doe that looks just like Jade (the mom, she's black with some white), but throw in some blue eyes. We'll see, and I will be disappointed if they are bucks, I've never been disappointed before as long as I get healthy kids, but this time I REALLY want a doe.

Funny thing about dreaming. My very first bred doe was a white mix (possibly kiko), who came from an all white herd and was bred to a cream colored LaMancha, who's parents were one white and one cream. So I expected to get white kid(s), shortly before she kidded I dreamed she had quads and all were gold and white! The colors were so vivid in the dream! And guess what color my first kid was? Yep, gold and white!

So if my dreams tell me anything, I should expect these babies to be gold and white.

10. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    Clipping wouldn't hurt.Oh and npw yall' got me dreaming of babies and I've got forever to wait.LOL

11. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

Go Holly! I would say she could probably go anytime. My friend who has nigis has does kid early all the time. Last year she had a doe that kidded one day one fourty and her babies were just fine.
    beth

12. Sara

Sara Guest

Oct 4, 2007
    New Photos From Today; 7 Days till due

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

How does her udder look so far?

13. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Aww, Sara, she's looking really good! Nice job on the trim too! Alot can happen in 7 days but I'm thinking she's gonna make you wait til she hits 147. Just because you made her udder cold! LOL :p

14. Sara

Sara Guest

Oct 4, 2007
    NOOOO! Please don't say that! lol. I would be so sad.

15. LiddleGoteGurl

Nov 29, 2007
    WI
    It is looking very nice! Still early to tell how it is going to turn out though when she is a few weeks fresh. She is looking super close! Her vulva is quite swollen, and that udder is REALLY coming along.

16. Sara

Sara Guest

Oct 4, 2007
    From what I can tell she's going to have a pretty good medial. :D

17. LiddleGoteGurl

Nov 29, 2007
    WI
    Yep looks like it! And correct teat placement. But the attachments are really too early to tell, IMO.

18. Sara

Sara Guest

Oct 4, 2007
    This is her Grand dam's udder:
    [​IMG]

I think it's pretty much what Holly's looks like right now.

19. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Only thing that I can tell now is that the medial is looking VERY good. Teats are in the right place, but until she is totally full you won't know for sure. Binks was looking really good too but now I'm told that her teats face forward too much, she does have a pocket in front where the glandular tissue starts and hopefully the teat size improves with time. Holly is definately off to a great start!

20. GSFarm

GSFarm New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Fairview, TN
    She looks great!! I hope you get some babies soon! Its so exciting!