1 show win this past summer

Discussion in 'Show Circuit' started by alyssa_romine, Oct 23, 2007.

1. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    I only have 1 show win and it was on a cyber show. My doeling placed 5th in her class. Here was her award:

[​IMG]

I am very proud of her and I know if I take her to a live show, she would do much better.

2. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    The only show I did was the Online Goat Show, my Oberhasli Muriel took RGCH in her class. My brother's Boer buck took GCH, his junior boer took 2nd, my boer wether took 1st, and one of my boer does took 1st.

3. Shelly

Shelly New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    California
    She's very pretty. Do you have any breed show close by? Shelly

4. alyssa_romine

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    no. I wish we did. I couldn't get anyone to help and the facilities are $1000 to start with.

5. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    That's great! There aren't very many shows in our area either :roll:

I have only gotten to 3 shows this year but everytime I have been in the top three --- and usually I have about two in the grand champion line-up.

6. alyssa_romine

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    That's Great!!!!! I wish I could make it to a show.

7. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    I bet it's hard to find shows for fainters! It's hard enought to find them for Nigis!

8. alyssa_romine

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    We have several sanctioned shows but there aren't any close enough to me that hubby can't get off for. I hope by 2010 to have a show in Arkansas for them but I am not sure if it will happen.

9. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    We did several shows this year. Over all out of the shows, we got Grand Champion Buck, Grand Champion Doe two different shows, Grand Champion Dam and Daughter, 7 Firsts, 4 Seconds, and more dawn the line, but I do not know all them now. most of these shows were with like 20-37 goats per class.

10. fritzie

fritzie New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    TENN
    i was only able to go to two shows this year. the first on i had 1st with kayla,2nd with angel,3rd with sha-nan-a-gan & 4th with kando in the baby class then 1st in the real young class
    2nd in the yearling class with linda
    then kayla went on to crand champion, dest of breed & best junior doe in show
    in the milkers yearling ff snickers was 1st
    2 year olds lacy ws 1st & erin 2nd
    3 yr olds hershey was 2nd
    4yr olds karma was 1st & buttercup(aka squirt) was second. lacy went on to get reserve grand champion
    also got 1st get of sire,1st dam & daughter & 1st herd.
    the second show was the tn state fair. there were 750 goats entered
    milkers 4 year olds karma 1st & squirt 2nd. karma also was 1st udder with squirt 2nd
    2yr olds lacy was 1st & 1st in udder
    the judge was going to give best alpine udder to lacy but would not because she is a ff.