10 -12 pounds milk

Discussion in 'Dairy Diaries' started by nhsmallfarmer, May 16, 2008.

1. nhsmallfarmer

nhsmallfarmer New Member

Apr 14, 2008
    New Hampshire
    For some reason my Nubian Doe Brandy (4yrs, 3rd freshening) has been giving me between 10 and 12 pounds of milk a day :thumb: This is exciting to me because the past 2 years of milking I was lucky to get only 4 pounds a day, I don't know what I am doing different this year but it seems to be working :greengrin:
    just had to share :)

I got 5 1/4 pounds of milk from her after I snapped this picture
    [​IMG]

2. jBlaze

jBlaze New Member

Oct 9, 2007
    Oregon
    WooHoo, that's great. Odd how she started producing so much more, does make one wonder...
    And the handles look easy too! :) I have a doe that is a heavy milker with the most tiny teats and I hate it, lol, she needs a new home.

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    thats great. what breed is she? some breeds take a couple years to get to their potential - Oberhaslis are one of those breeds

4. nhsmallfarmer

nhsmallfarmer New Member

Apr 14, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Brandy is a Nubian with a hint of alpine, her great grand mother was 1/4 alpine 3/4 Nubian, so i know there is alpine in her somewhere

5. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    WOW, What a good girl she is! And she definately looks to be an easy milker! I get that much from my 3 mini's TOGETHER! :)

6. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Wow! Nice udder, nice teats too :) Some goats just give a lot all the sudden, like they have to ease into it :)