10 New ponies

Discussion in 'Other Pets' started by Coraxfeather, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA
    Well if you all do not know not only did we get 4 new baby goats from Mistyblue in Texas we got 10 new ponies.

Most of them where in bad shape. You can ask Mistyblue. Only of the soon to be two year olds almost did not make the tripe. She should ahve not been cleared to go. Out of 10 ponies there is only 1 with a body number of 4, 3 wit a body number of 3, 5 with a body number of 2 and one with barly a body number of 1. Whith 5 as a average horse weight and 10 being over weight by a lot.

Cheyanne is the 2 year old that barly made it from Texas to PA. She is a very shy little sweet girl and you can nto help falling in love with her. She has made friends with our Dwarf horse Gracey.

Toby is the only one that has the 4 numer. He is a beautiful black and white paint. Attude in a half but it is one of those attudes that he needs to be pampered and played with abd loved on. Sweet little 13 hand gelding.

I will have pictures up of them when I get home and get my puter back from the computer store. We think we got a nasty viruse some how that got though all our protection. Do not know how but they are working on it.

My Mini Horse Charlie has a almost win. We got a mini in the the bunch and we are going to be pair him up with Charlie to make a match pulling team. His name is Bailey and is my shadow in the field where they are located. I can nto waite. I get my own match pulling team. The only thing differet about bailey from Charlie is there mains and tails. Charlie has a tan one where Bailey is white. But they are going to make a cute team.

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh wow - were they a rescue bunch?

3. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA
    We where told that the bunch was in good shape. Even the pictures they sent to us did not show how bad they where. When my boss got there all she wanted to do what get them out of there and back home. What started out as a herd of ponies to use in the lead line and pony wheel turn out to be a resque. The lady did nto really know how to take care of horses or ponies. We called all the orgizactions to let them know that we had resqued skinney ponies cause there pasture can be seen from our road. We do not not think that Chy would have lasted much longer there.

My boss has doen resque before. Half of the ponies we use in the company are resques. We do have a pony that a guy took a pitch fork and a 2 by 4 to her head and neck. She is missing teeth and a chunk of neck. But she is one of the sweetest and hardest worker we have. One of our gelding was almost beaten to death and so starved you could count every bone in his bodyand he is a character and a half and one of my favorite babies. He is also one of our hardest workers. You would see them now you would have never guessed what life they use too have. All fat and healthey and spoiled rotten.

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    well thats great that she still took them dispite the lie you were told about their condition. Hopefully they will be able to be used in the future.

5. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA
    We are usen 3 of the this weekend. Evey one of them is starten to get a grass bellie now instead of the sand bellies they came to us with. Even Chy has a bit of sparkle to her eyes now. Soon as we get weight on her she is off to the vet to get a old wound fixed.

I have started to train Bailey to pull. Even thouhg he is on the skinny side he wants to learn and seem to be soaking in everything that I have been teaching him.

6. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Can't wait to see pictures of everyone!!!

7. mistyblue

mistyblue Senior Member

Nov 13, 2008
    Angleton, Texas
    I cannot wait to see pictures of the ponies all sleek and fat. I know when I saw them that I was ready to cry, there was at least two that I was not even sure would make the trip. They were really bad, all I could see was skin and bones on at least one.

I am so glad to hear that they all made the trip and are doing good.

8. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA
    PICTURES!!!!! These are them a bit more fatten up and also got rid of that Sand bellie!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I will get better. At the time I was taken these I was covered with baby goats. If I went closer I would ahve had a few playing in the pasture.

9. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California