The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my older doe has some milk, she also seems to be going into heat a lot more then normal. Thinking hormones ? She acts a bit Bucky when someone is in heat but figured that was normal. Anything I should do?

·
Registered
Here On Oaks-n-Goats Farm We Are Raising Pets, And Mini/Full Sized Backyard Milkers.
2,703 Posts
Do you plan on breeding her anymore? If not, I think shes fine to leave be. Sounds like it definitely could be hormones.

·
I'm watching you
22,549 Posts
What? That's way young to retire a Nigerian. It sounds to me like she's going cyctic and needs a lute injection to get her back on cycle.

·
Administrator
85,665 Posts
If she is in good shape, hasn’t had any kidding issues prior, she can still be bred. But now, she has an issue which needs addressed as mentioned above.

But if you rather not, that is ok, but she will be doing this from now on, driving you crazy. ;)

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
She’s the doe who I had problems with since bringing her home. Don’t know if it was the lute she received before coming home. Before I bought her she kidded easily every year. Finally she delivered twins after being with multiple bucks on and off for a year and a half, all I did was give antibiotics then when she was in heat I infused (not sure what it’s called) when she was in heat twice. Not sure if that helped or not.

·
Super Moderator
32,237 Posts
Sounds like as mentioned she may have cystic ovaries. This would account for difficulty getting bred and now her frequent heat cycles. This can be dealt with if you choose, but if you rather not deal with it..then as Pam mentioned..she will remain like this. Frequent heat and act more and more bucky driving the other goats and you crazy lol.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts