1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,654 Posts
Now are those Angora Rabbit?

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
Oh that is SO cool!! My sister and I were seriously wanting to raise french angora rabbits for a while. I still want to one day, but ended up not doing it since it's so hot here most of the time. I also love knitting and crocheting. :)

·
Well, my username says it all... :)
2,751 Posts
Byccombe, Angoras seem to have a tough time raising litters, I've always wanted one, but haven't really heard too many good stories.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My angoras has raised fat litters anywhere from 3 kits up to 9. I keep Satin angora and German hybrids. I believe pure German and Giant have smaller litters. I like different natural colors so their white standard bores me:) I haven't come across any pure French locally, though my hybrids have some in the lineage.

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
No, the French are VERY hard to come by here as well. ;) another reason we opted not to get onto them. There seem to be a decent amount of English angora breeders here, though. Personally I think the French are much better looking than the English. :)
I love Satins too. :)

·
Premium Member
10,654 Posts
Yes, angora rabbit. Mohair is what you get from angora goat:)
Yep I know that I was just checking. So many people call mohair Angora. I am VERY allergic to Angora. :mad:

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I try to stick with the right names, but do understand your reasoning:)

I am also allergic to my bunnies, but I can wear the fiber products once it's washed. My allergy is the dander I think. I just suck up the itchy eyes and if I groom too many, the tight throat.

I have mohair too, just haven't done anything with it yet:)

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Still have everything previously mentioned available.

Also some acrylic hand/wrist warmers I put together. 2 pairs black, 1 pair grey, 1 pair grey/orange, 1 pair red, 1 pair maroon. Roughly a medium in size. Will stretch to fit a wider hand/wrist. $5 a pair.

Really need to get some of this stuff moving so I can guarantee not running out of critter feed. On top of the household's pay being held hostage, my truck, the only running vehicle, is no longer running.....

Willing to trade for orchard or mix hay. 2nd or better cutting. No mold. No dirt. Dry. Would need it delivered. Would also be interested in sprout-able whole barley.

Oops, meant to add a picture too:)

Attachments

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I still have these things available. Sorry, the Craigslist add link is no longer functional and I'm not seeing a way to edit it out of the posts. There are several pictures on the 2 pages on my posting here though:) Angora rabbit is crazy warm, warmer than wool. I am willing to ship:)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts