The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to make this quick so I don't waste my internet.
I just bought this buckling roughly a week ago, before I got him he was on daily cocci prevention and had just been wormed and dehorned (Horns look good no puss, pain, or heat). Yesterday we had rain while I was gone and he got wet because he didn't know where the shelter was, he ate fine last night. Today he didn't eat much, has clear snot, and feels feverish I took his temp and it is 105.3. He doesn't want to eat grass and just lays in the sun most of the time. He is still running around a bit but not as much as normal. FAMACHA is nice and pink no bloating or pain in his belly and his poop is nice round brown pellets. Any ideas what's going one? Could he just have a cold? What can I do to help him?

·
Registered
30,594 Posts
Pneumonia most likely. I would start him on antibiotics and b complex

Reactions: Moers kiko boars

·
Registered
30,594 Posts
Yes, fever is caused by pneumonia. Antibiotics will help him feel better. Banamine can help with fever. Or you can use cold compresses under arm pits and behind his ears. Let us know what antibiotics you have and we can help with dose.

Reactions: Moers kiko boars

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, I had him to the vet the next day when I couldn't get his temp down. The vet said when he got wet his temp got to low and he caught a cold, 3 days later he had a swollen knee and neck joints, I called the vet and he said it was more than likely Joint Ill but he would need to see him first. I had him to the vet and it was joint ill so the vet had me start him on antibiotics. He got better and then he went off his bottle again and the vet couldn't figure it out. He ended up passing away the other day and the vet wanted to do a necropsy, he found an abscess on his liver that drained into his gallbladder and stopped it from working and it grow to 10x it's normal size. The vet thinks it caused him to go septic.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts