The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help! I noticed my doeling who is about 5 months old didn’t get up to eat. It is hot outside, almost 100 degrees. I took her temp and it is 105.5. I gave her electrolytes in water, which she drank quite a bit. What else should I do? I don’t want to lose her!

·
Super Moderator
35,042 Posts
Get her in the shade and re take her temp after 30 minutes or so. If it's still elevated she will need antibiotics started. Let usvknow what her tempnis and what antibiotics youbhave on-hand.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I put wet towels on her and moved her to the open sided barn. It has more consistent shade than the tree she was under. I took her temp this morning and it was 102.5. She was standing when I went out this morning, but she isn’t acting like herself. She was chewing her cud. Is that good or bad? I’ll look to see what antibiotics we have on hand. Any other suggestions?

Thanks so much for all of the input!

·
Super Moderator
35,042 Posts
Give her probiotics and a shot of B complex. Keep tabs on that temp. If anytime you feel she's not feeling better..start antibiotics. I know we always say not without fever but some times pneumonia present sub temp before a spike. So keep and eye on her. Yes chewing a cud is 👍

·
Super Moderator
35,042 Posts
A fake yawn can be a sign of discomfort. Hows her temp now?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Temp is 103.2 and I gave her probiotics and more electrolytes in her water. Need to go to store to get B complex: paste or liquid?
She ate a little this am. Slight cough.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
I would do b complex injectable. 6 cc per 100 lbs. body weight. I use a 20 gauge needle and inject it under the skin.
Keep watching her temp. 103.2 is still in the normal range, but at the upper end of normal. If it starts going up again, you may need to start antibiotics. It is hard to get antibiotics now in many places, so unless you have some on hand, you may need to see a vet.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts