The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have doeling who is 11 weeks old and just presented with scours. I noticed some clumpy poop this afternoon while she was playing, but now it is full blown scours. She is still acting normal. She was browsing around a little today, eating her grain, playing with the others.
I got her just about a month ago on the bottle and she has been doing really well. She is still getting one bottle a day, but is getting weaned off slowly. She did get coccidia prevention. Could this still be coccidia?
I am going to give her electrolytes right now. Should I hold off on her bottle in the morning?
I've never dealt with scours in babies before, not sure what else to do.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Is she getting a lot of lush green vegetation? Sometimes that can cause the scours. I have some the same age and noticed one the other day had scours, but have since cleared up on its own. If she is still eating and drinking, and acting normal, I would monitor it for a day or so. If she begins to have very dark or bloody diarrhea, then I'd be very concerned. I agree a fecal to include coccidia would be good. In the meantime, check her temp , make sure she is drinking to avoid dehydration, and give her some probiotics. If it gets worse or uncontrollable, you may consider giving something like kaolin pectin.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
She is doing much better now! Totally back to normal. She is just starting to browse (its finally getting green here) so i'm wondering if that was the cause. I'm in pretty close contact with my vet so if it pops up again i'll be having her out :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts