The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been having issues with his eyes running and staying matted shut; fixed them with 2 cc of pennicilum; cleared them right up but now seems like his left third eyelid is stuck. What can I do?

·
Super Moderator
59,742 Posts
Did you give him a shot of Penicillin? I would clean his eye and put eye antibiotic ointment in his eye 2-4 times per day.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I put penicillin in his eyes and it cleared his eyes up within a few hours. Just his left eye is pink and I was told it was his third eyelid .

·
Registered
31,446 Posts
I agree with Karen..even if it looks better it might need a full 3-5 days treatment to keep it clear..

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sorry took so long getting back on here....I did the treatment for 3 days and his eyes cleared right up. Now have a hard time keeping up with him :)

·
Boers & Nubians
1,938 Posts
:eek: Oh he is so cute! Sorry, but I am such a sucker for paints! Pretty nice guy for two weeks old. And I am glad to see that he is doing well.

·
7 does - 2 bucks - 1 wether
11,090 Posts
This happened to my doeling, Patti, she got some birthing fluid in her eyes and the birthing fluid had waste in it. Eyelids swelled and gooped shut. My mom and I went out twice daily and wiped it off with wet ones and baby soap. She cleared up just fine. :) Glad to hear he's doing better!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts