The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My pygmy doe had triplets last night at 9 pm. She was only on her 139th day!! Thank goodness for nanny cams. Kids and mom are doing fine! I finally got girls :leap: 2 girls and one boy I just wanted to let everybody know that a successful birth is promising on the 139th day of pregnancy :dance:

· Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll try to post pictures of them. I'm on my friends computer cause mine is getting fixed plus I'm bottle feeding a kitten so its kinda hectic right now. One of the goats which was the last one out and backwards is not very lively like I would like her to be. I have always had boys so are th little girls slower??? My other little girl isn't jumping around like the boy is. They are not terribly tiny. One is a light caramel, the other is a silver caramel and the other is just weird but adorable. She also is a caramel with silver but also tan like a medium caramel. Mom is a silver caramel! I gave little baby nutri drench and I'm thinking I'm going to have to intervene and have to bottle feed a goat also ontop of the kitten :hair: Any thoughts???

· Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The reason I was watching her is because I just hooked up the cam about two weeks earlier and just started watching it while watching tv or playing on the computer. It was fun so I just kept it on knowing she would be having babies soon anyway. I felt her ligaments were gone that evenning and I was like "Oh no! :shocked: Can't be!!!!" I prayed I was feeling wrong :pray: but I wasn't.

· Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They all got there colostrum, I was sure of that. When they were born I held each baby upside down to help drain fluid. I think your right though. I think she aspirated at birth. I gave everybody nutri drench when they were born the other night. I will hate to lose this little girl. I'm getting ready to go force feed her. I hate forcing babies to eat, always worry about aspirating. Anything else I can do for this little girl??? I enclosed links for the babies cause my pictures are to big to attach.

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff12 ... G_1040.jpg Grl
http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff12 ... G_1049.jpg Boy
http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff12 ... G_1053.jpg Grl

· Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't know how to tube feed so I never bought a tube cause I couldn't do it anyway. I was just out there getting her up and I was able to get 20cc down her throat. You know what she did? She gets up, huffs away and goes and nurses from mom :shrug: I kept stimulating her while I was out there and everytime she walked away from mom I put her back under mom and she would take a swig each time. I suppose as long as I keep checking on her and stimulating her she will be alright. She even tried to play after her feeding. She does have a huff in her breathing though. Not bad but deffitnely abnormal.

· Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I did have some iodine problems. The 3 kids came out one right after another and it was hectic trying to keep up with each one. So when I dipped them quickly they kinda crawled on each other :lol: The little baby girl is doing great today. You are right, she will be fine. She played with her siblings today and ate on her own :thumbup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.