The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Didn't know what to call this? I am looking for help on what to look for in the buck I breed her to this year? What can help in future kids and pros and cons of her I can try for better pics tomorrow kind of hard to do alone lol oh and don't mind her bald spot bug bite she itches at and pulls hair off of , but its growing back

Attachments

·
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This was also after I milked I can get a 12 hour fill picture in the morning she has had a loose udder since the show in may any way to fix that? And get her production up again was getting almost 3 cups of milk a milking now getting around 1 1/2 to 2 cups a milking :/ I want to try to keep her in milk for the state fair if possible

·
2,203 Posts
This was also after I milked I can get a 12 hour fill picture in the morning she has had a loose udder since the show in may any way to fix that? And get her production up again was getting almost 3 cups of milk a milking now getting around 1 1/2 to 2 cups a milking :/ I want to try to keep her in milk for the state fair if possible
It appears as if she has a sloped rump. I can't give you a good udder judgement from these pics, but I like her coloring! Cool!

·
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Any help would be great still learning this conformation dos and donts

Attachments

·
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It appears as if she has a sloped rump. I can't give you a good udder judgement from these pics, but I like her coloring! Cool!
Thanks! Is there anyway I can set her up in the ring to fix that?

·
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
*bump*

·
2,203 Posts
I'd like to see a higher, wider rear attachment. Teat placement looks good. Fore attachment is a little weak. Decent capacity. How fresh and is she a FF? Yearling? 2 yr old?

Nothing you can really do about a sloped rump. Just breed up. :)

·
Premium Member
29,236 Posts
You want a buck with a strong topline - hers is weak in the chine.

she is a bit steep in the rump and needs more rear angulation.

I cant feel her to feel for spring of rib or dairy skin so those are things you will want regardless in a buck but not sure if she needs improvement in those areas or not.

Biggest is the topline and rear - her front end looks decent

·
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
She is a ff and a yearling she freshened march 29th and thanks so much for yalls help ill keep my eye out for a buck like that !

·
Registered
867 Posts
I'm stil learning myself how to set up and show. And what is good or not. I must say her teat size looks great all my Nigerians have pinky sized ones so small. The one thing I see that needs improvement is her rump. It's really slopes . Pretty doe btw.

·
Premium Member
23,224 Posts
A buck with a strong, level topline would help with her steep rump... her teat size and medial look good, a buck with the udders behind him to improve width with the top attachment would benefit her doe kids.
As far as upping her production at this point, you may be able to do so by milking her 3-4 times a day and adding in some extra alfalfa pellets or beet pulp shreds. She has the capacity but FF tend to need "taught" by supply and demand... the more often it's taken, the more she'll make.

·
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm stil learning myself how to set up and show. And what is good or not. I must say her teat size looks great all my Nigerians have pinky sized ones so small. The one thing I see that needs improvement is her rump. It's really slopes . Pretty doe btw.
I just love how large her teats are and they are so smooth the milk just seems to flow out and its such a joy to milk her because her teats are so soft! and thanks!

·
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So I may have this completely wrong, but if I understand right my doeling I got this year has a better top line than my doe, right?

Attachments

·
2,203 Posts
So I may have this completely wrong, but if I understand right my doeling I got this year has a better top line than my doe, right?
Yup sure does. Nice straight line, tight and well put together. Rump is still a little off but I like her top much better.

·
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok! So at least I somewhat know what I'm looking for lol trying to learn the goods and bass !

·
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
* bads! Lol sorry

·
Boers & Nubians
1,938 Posts
The others gave very good tips on your first doe, but I have to add that her front legs don't look very straight. It is almost like they are bent backwards a little (could just be the picture :shrug:). Look for a buck with nice, straight legs and maybe a bit more length :thumbup:

·
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That's a great point it may just be the picture adding to it, but I've thought her legs were a little off

1 - 18 of 18 Posts