The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 14 week old la mancha who is very weak and cant stand up. He had diarrhea yesterday, it was a dark green and but i thought it was because he was on a new pasture and was browsing more, he was eating well and was nice and full when he was locked up for the night .This morning he was weak and couldnt get up , i gave him some electrolytes and left for work . I just got home and hes worse , very lethargic . I had the goats tested for Coccidia and worms in april and the vet said they looked fine. i havent added new goats and there pasture has never had goats on it and was vacant for 20 + years of all livestock . Hes not bloated or vomiting , he did have bloat bad one time maybe 6 weeks ago because he ate too much grain, not sure if this matters , thanks in advance for any help

·
Super Moderator
58,246 Posts
What is his temp? Has he been vaccinated for CDT? Could there possibly be any poisonous plants in the pasture?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
his temperature is normal and now his poops are normal too , he still cant stand and is very lethargic , and now is rolling his head around ,he hasnt been vaccinated for CDT , and am certain he didnt eat anything poisonous , the other older goats have been out in the pasture for a month and they are all doing great. im sure hes on his way out but am going to get fecals done for the rest. luckily he shared a stall with only one other buck so fingers crossed for his buddy .

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Sounds like coccidia possibly......April was 2 months ago and a lot can happen between then and now. I would get a fecal done ASAP........do you have anything at home to treat him with?

·
Registered
29,999 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts