150 days to go and counting? Am I crazy?

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by jay13, Feb 1, 2010.

1. jay13

jay13 New Member

Apr 12, 2009
    Central NC
    I just took Millie to visit her new boy friend, I am hoping she will take this time! You all here said it looked like she should be in heat, so here's to hoping for a July 1st delivery! LOL The man I paid for stud services of the visitor this fall is gladly letting her have a sleep over at his place up the road since the first time didn't stick.

2. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    No you're not crazy for posting a 150 day countdown, you're allowed to get excited about anything goat related. It's written in the official goat handbook, one of the many things penciled in by someone just like you. :wink: Now you might not want to tell the average person on the street :ROFL: , but we understand here.

3. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    Good one Laura! :thumb:
    For some reason this yr I marked the calender at 145 days. By 146 Livewire's udder was about to explode. She kidded later that day.
    Two days later someone else went.
    Just now took most of the rest to kidding barn.

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    HeHe..... no you are not crazy ..LOL.... :greengrin: :hug:

Good luck in the breeding....... hope she takes ....... :hug:

5. bheila

bheila New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Kent, Wa
    Nope, not crazy. I still have another 135 days ;)

6. jay13

jay13 New Member

Apr 12, 2009
    Central NC
    Gotta love my schizophrenic way of goat raising. My first doe is due *sometime* in march. (No idea since mr. buck was just living here) But I have an exactish due date for the second. Sheesh

7. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    Thank you nancy d!

Yep, because I bet you're having lots of fun, and that's what's most important.