The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We brought home 2 bottle baby ND's last Friday. They are 16 wks old. If we leave the barn area they Baa constantly for us. Like separation anxiety. Is this just about them being babies still? Will they settle down eventually and be content with browsing by themselves? The only time they seem to go out in the barnyard to browse is when we are out there, too. Otherwise they spend all their time at the gate yelling for us to come back.

·
Banned
5,944 Posts
Yes, that sounds pretty normal. The thing that you need to remember is that these guys lost everything that was known and secure to them when you brought them home. They are scared, insecure, and don't know what is going on. Couple that with the fact that they are prey animals and, of course they want you out there with them. You are their only source of comfort, safety, and security right now. They will grow out of it, but it will take some time.

·
8,370 Posts
When they quit crying, try and go outside to them. If you keep going back when they are yelling, they will think the yelling brought you and will
keep it up. I go out and work in the barn so they don't expect food every time I appear! My dh is in an out of the barn as the far end is a shop
and he is always puttering around. They know he won't feed them so they gave up crying when he appeared!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts