The Goat Spot Forum banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
She had 5 , 2 were dead and 3 are doing fine, she still laying i do Labor alone and help her in way i could, I think one of babies died weeks ago and other one that died was partly alive but his lungs was in sea of fluids I try Save him but he just was to week. Vet comes two Houra ago and think she will die.. due to old age, and hard labor.

·
Registered
29,985 Posts
Awe..glad she kidded. Sorry you lost two and that moms not doing great. I would keep with the same treatment and try to get her up..but at least move her often. Switch sides. Milk her to feed babies.

I want to add that 17 years old is a testament to the care she was given. You have done well. What ever happened..she had a wonderful life.

·
Registered
925 Posts
That is amazing that she lived to 17 alone but also kidded one last time then and 5 kids. So sorry for the loss of the two and I really do hope Ole momma makes it <3

·
Registered
11,188 Posts
Wow... Five. My goodness. No wonder she laid down. I really hope she can perk up. Keep a whole buffet in front of her of various foods and drinks and try moving her legs several times a day. Did her udder fill up, are you having to milk her?

·
Registered
Capriculturalist and Goat Slave
1,481 Posts
Congrats on your babies, so sorry about the loss. What a strong mama. Hoping all is well with her and she recovers well. I agree to keep giving her nutritious options to regain her strength!

21 - 40 of 49 Posts