The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Senior Member who ain't so Senior
Joined
·
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After much thought, I have made the hard decision to put my young doe up for sale. Pepper is a salt-and-pepper colored, purebred Nubian who comes from Saada/Prairie Fire lines. Her dam is milking a gallon a day (I think a little over at her peak), and Pepper should follow in her dam's hoofsteps, or exceed them! Her ADGA registration is pending, and may be finished... I just need to touch base with my friend who is her breeder.

Pepper is open and dry right now. I tried getting her bred, but she stopped cycling in February, and I didn't get my buck until March. But last year she started cycling again in July, so four months from now you could probably breed her.

I'm asking $200 for her with a condition attached. $250 with no condition.

The condition is that if you buy her for $200, I would like to breed her to my choice buck (no cost to you), and I would like a doeling out of her next year. Under normal circumstances, I would NEVER sell this lovely gal, but I'm almost out of hay, and am scraping the bottom of my barrel. Pepper has become my sacrificial lamb.

The pictures are of her when she was 11 months, and was going through an extremely awkward growth spurt; which made her rump higher than the rest of her! Since then, she has matured, and leveled out very nicely. She looks really good and I think she will continue to mature well.

Oh, and she's CAE/CL tested and negative. :)
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,920 Posts
Oh Dear. . . just mapped distance between here and there from having a wild hair thinking of the possibility and guess what. . . According to google maps you are about 1 day and 17 hours away from me!?!?! I don't think the hubby will allow me to ship that far but I really wish I could.
 

·
Senior Member who ain't so Senior
Joined
·
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe if you tell Hubby that you need a relaxing road trip to the Oregon coast, he'll consent... Hehe.

Actually, Pepper is sale pending and the prospective buyer is fine with letting me have a daughter out of her next year! It's still hard letting her go, but she's going to be bred to a seriously nice buck, and I think she'll most likely outproduce herself. So it all works out in the end...
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top