1st rabbit show tomorrow

Discussion in 'Other Animals For Sale' started by Guest, Oct 15, 2010.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I am taking 4 of my American Blue and White rabbits to my 1st show tomorrow. I only know of two other breeders taking in rabbits so there will only be around 10 there. I am so nervous but I can't wait to see what the judge has to say about the jr whites I have.
    My friend took my buck to a show for me on the 1st and he took second. I know I have a good chance at winning because he was up against some really good Americans at that show.

2. CapriGem

CapriGem Senior Member

May 12, 2010
    Western PA
    Good Luck ! :thumb:

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    good luck to you....... :greengrin: :thumb:

4. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    where at?? who are the judges?? rabbit shows are fun, thought it gets hard with the breeds that alot of people dont raise. it used to be like that with tans in my area, but thankfully we've boosted popularity. i'm sure you'll boost the americans popularity

5. Guest

Guest Guest

One of the Judges was Tom Berger. I don't remember the name of the other one.

Jr. doe #1(3 months old)took 1st, Best of Variety, and Best opposite sex
    Jr. doe #2 took second
    Sr. Doe took second
    Sr. Buck took third

While I was there I was trying to decide what my next breed is going to be. I have it narrowed down to Silver Foxes and Champagne D'Argents. I need to talk to some people and see which ones grow faster since we eat our culls.

6. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    they probably grow equally as fast.they're both meat breeds. Silver foxes are probably rarer than the champs. i personally lover silver martens but i have no cage space

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Ya I know that one. I just opened up two cages tonight and will prob open up another one next weekend. I am thinking of starting with 1 Silver Fox doe since I have some breeders close to me. We seem to have a concentration of Silver Fox and Americans in Inidiana. Then when I purchase more cages get 1 or 2 more does and a buck.

8. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    maybe.. i'm in socal so its usually very small animals. we have a couple californian and sating breeders, but mostly mini rex and netherlands.. i'm getting havanas to eat