The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
My daughters have a Nigerian Dwarf doe that they would like to show. The doe will be not quite 3 months old at the time of the show. They have a few questions that we just can't seem to find the answers to. They are newbie questions:) Does the doe need to be clipped? Does she need to be tattooed? Do they need to use a chain? With the leather part? Does she need to be registered (we have her mother's registration number and her father's registration number)? Any other advice you could offer would be great! I would like this to be a fun experience for them:) Oh, they are 8 and 10 years old. Thanks!

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Hi all,
My daughters have a Nigerian Dwarf doe that they would like to show. The doe will be not quite 3 months old at the time of the show. They have a few questions that we just can't seem to find the answers to. They are newbie questions:) Does the doe need to be clipped? Does she need to be tattooed? Do they need to use a chain? With the leather part? Does she need to be registered (we have her mother's registration number and her father's registration number)? Any other advice you could offer would be great! I would like this to be a fun experience for them:) Oh, they are 8 and 10 years old. Thanks!
With the doe being so young, I say do not shave it but I'm sure others on here do.
I would register them. The fair has rules wether the have to be registered or not but it's better to do so!:)
If they're registered, they will need to be tattooed.
I use a chain like a dog chain with the two rings at each end for my younger kids.

Also, tell them not to be stressed!:) it's real fun!
With Nigerians you are allowed to "take a knee" (I have nigerians) what that means is if you are bending over to walk them & the judge stops you to set them up, you can Neal down on one knee.
It will be a little nerve wracking the first time but they'll get addicted:)
Stay calm in the show ring, makes you look better too(;

Good luck and I hope they do really well!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts