The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a few Small goats from m'y last kidding one escaped and i found her with m'y buck.....,her father am i going to get deformed babies..,,Will i have to kill them at birth? Vert worried

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
28,461 Posts
They should be just fine.. With breeding that close you just want to be careful as depending on the conformational traits it could make them better or much worse.. But you shouldn't have deformed kids or anything like that.. I just bought a doe who was just bred back to her sire.. So we can be in this together for the next five months :)

·
Goat Crazy!
6,414 Posts
My nigey has been bred to her sire twice - the first time due to an "escape" and the second time because I'm a newbie and didn't realize how closely they were related. (Fear not, I am smarter now). She had handsome healthy twin bucks the first time and very healthy triplet bucklings the second time. They wwere all just as cute as could be, quite strong and healthy.

·
Super Moderator
14,812 Posts
You should look at my new bucks papers.....soooooo inbred lol. I wasn't all that happy when they came in the mail :( but he's not deformed. IMO I think its fine as long as it doesn't go on and on. I know with Angus cattle some are throwing what's called curly calf's......basically deformed and its from so many years of inbreeding....or line breeding....I say in lol

·
Administrator
85,753 Posts
Just know, that if he or she has major flaws, it can bounce back worse in the offspring. To breed that close, you should make sure the lines don't have genetic flaws ect Unless that isn't an issue for you. Just thought I'd warn you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts