2 breeding dates??? ACK???

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by myfainters, Jan 15, 2010.

1. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    Ok well my doe Poppy has 2 breeding dates. The first one would put her at day 147 today the 2nd would put her due date at February 5.... I saw the buck cover her BOTH times... but he is really young ( he is only 9 1/2 months old now) She is not heavily bagged up yet... but she is one of those does that suddenly bags at delivery... plenty of discharge (which is why she has a berry stuck on her in the rear shot! LOL) Any ideas on if she is due now or in Feb???? Normally I wouldn't worry but she is one of those does that delivers out in the open (regardless of weather) and we have a BIG storm coming in! :help: I added one of her open for a comparison. Her ligs are almost gone.... but last year she was like that for her last month too....

If you need closer rear shots let me know! :- )

Attached Files:

2. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    2 breed dates suck...means more time away from sleep :wink:

She is a pretty girl... and since she doesn't look as though she's dropped yet, I'd say the later date.

3. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    Thanks Liz... I am thinking the later date as well... but I figured I'd run it past people who have been doing this for longer than I have first! LOL Next time I'm putting a heat cycle between breedings if I get a doe that comes back in.... that way she wouldn't be bagging up yet by the first due date. :- )

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Second due date -- thats not uncommon to have them not take the first breeding especially with a young buck.