The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1) What is that worm like thing that comes out of their dong? That is SO creepy LOL. 2) How on earth do they have so much pee in them? Its like a never ending supply! I knew bucks were weird, but I didnt quite grasp what freaky critters they are LOL!

·
Banned
5,944 Posts
I think the worm-looking thing is the pizzle, but not sure. I also think they can produce urine on demand - it just depends on how much they think they need to make themselves smell the "nicest" for the does across the way. :lol:

·
Registered
507 Posts
:ROFL:
I believe it is called the pizzle as well. I am still laughing!

Just my own two stories: When we had a wether get UC, they get the goat to stick it out, and actually cut the end of it off to clear the path for urine. It is a weird little thing to see!

We don't own a buck, but my poor daughter has a market wether that only dropped 1 testicle that she is showing in two weeks. He sticks his thing out all the time, and sprays her and himself. GROSS. Especially when he is being a butt and she makes him mad! LOL. He smells lovely.

What I learned this year? If they only have 1 testicle, get rid of them!

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
Oh my!! I'm still laughing!! I have almost 2 year old kinder buck and I swear he is in rut ALL the time... When he first got that thing out and sprayed away I was grossed out, and then he has tried to spray me with it and do the tongue flapping thing etc.... GROSS!! I told a few kids down the road that they shouldn't pet the bucks, because of this behavior and of the electric fences.... Well, one decided not to listen to me, and off Snoopy went... He hasn't been back to see the bucks, he'll knock on our door and ask to see the sheep and other goats... His parents then had to explain to this 10 year old about the birds and the bees:) Yep, they are pretty gross creatures....

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A Pizzle! Of course it would be called that! Hahaha :D Yeah, I am learning that the bucks are only safe to be around for about 30 seconds at a time LOL! THey are libel to try to pee on me if I stick around any longer LMAO! Rotten things LOL! I recently banned my youngest 2 barn kids from going in the buck pen, its just not ok anymore for them to be around them LOL.

·
Banned
5,944 Posts
It gets better! My personal favorite is when I'm refilling water tubs and I get hosed down by the buck peeing on himself (and everything else within a 2' radius). I always keep one eye on him because I don't trust intact males, and also because of his really bad aim! :eyeroll: :help:

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I had been raising does for several years before I got my first buck and I hadn't done my research. The first time I saw him drink his pee I thought it was some sort of accident. I just couldn't believe it was on purpose! Then he kept doing it, so my family and I just thought he was..."special", but since he was so sweet I kept him, but kept giving him baths. It was months before I found out that was normal bucky behavior and that I was washing off his sexy cologne for the ladies! :laugh:

·
Banned
5,944 Posts
I did my research before I got the first buck, but I was still totally unprepared for how bad he reeked! I've since gotten somewhat used to it but, I must admit, I still hold my breath while walking past the bucks pen when they are in rut. I'm thankful that my buck pens are not directly south of my house and I don't have to deal with that smell in my house when the wind blows out of the south - the feedlot on the other side of the river is bad enough!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts