2 CD/t shots

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by dobe627, Apr 25, 2009.

1. dobe627

dobe627 Senior Member

Oct 16, 2007
    southeast PA
    Well I decided to keep "joey" the little buckling born here in Feb. Anyway, I took him to the vet yesterday to have him neutered and dehorned so he could stay. I told the vet weeks ago when we talked and the girls at the front desk that I had given his CD/T shot( on tuesday) well they gave him another one. Will this hurt him? Should I watch for anything? Due to a misunderstanding I picked him up right before they closed( they said would call when done and never did)and didn't look at the paper work till on the way home. He was done about 4pm yesterday and seems ok( although painful I am guessing) He looks so pathetic with his head wrapped up. But I just couldn't part with the little guy.
  2. Thanatos

Thanatos New Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Lake Ariel, Pa
    Shouldn't hurt. just watch for an allergic type reaction on the first couple days

3. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    No it shouldn't hurt him. But I would be telling that vet he should be more careful, what if that had been BoSe or something like that where you can OD them? Also, if they charged you for the cdt shot you shouldn't have to pay for it because you told them the shot was already done Twice.
  4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I totally agree with RunAround...... :wink: :greengrin: :hug:
  5. dobe627

dobe627 Senior Member

Oct 16, 2007
    southeast PA
    Of course I was charged for it. Little joey seems to be doing well, but painful as I mentioned. But he ate his fruit loops so we are still buds. I agree with Runaround, what if it had been something more dangerous. The whole thing had me angry. Like I said I dropped him off at 4 and they said they would call around 6 to let me know I could pick him up, they didn't. When I got there I said to the one girl and she said" I heard them say they would call you". And then the shot thing, when I told them he had it. But they are the only decent clinic that will do goat things. They also do small animals and I have heard alot of complaints about them but what do you do? :shrug: Well thanks everyone.