The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Hope everyone is fine. 2 days ago, we have beautiful kids from our FF. I will share pictures soon. First kid was out in 10 minutes without issue. But we still called the vet. So second one's leg were coming out so vet pulled him out by putting his hands inside. Then again he puts his hands 2 times to check if there are more and then he seperated some thing which was coming out of her vagina. Sorry it was ny first time so I don't know what it is called. At that time there was some blood releasing after few minutes. The frequency become less but still she is giving blood out.
Also doe was not licking and cleaning the kids and was not letting them nurse easily but now she does lick them but still she have difficulty nursing and we have to hold her in place.
Also today was the 150 days mark but she kidded at 148 days and the other doe haven't given yet, expecting soon. Also how much we should wait for doe to naturally push kids out before putting our hands inside???
And is the bleeding normal for this long?

·
Fair-Haven
4,924 Posts
As long as it's not bright red and lots of bleeding, bleeding is normal up to 2 weeks post delivery. Your doe is probably sore. Make sure she is not overly full in her udder, you may have to milk her a while. It does take FF a while to catch on, good job in holding her to nurse. Yes, 148 days is fine to deliver. For the larger goats its a range of 5 or so days before and after the 150 day mark. Since your vet went in, just make sure her discharge doesn't smell, keep an eye on her temperature, and make sure she is eating and drinking.

·
Super Moderator
32,237 Posts
When you say the vet separated something, do you mean he pulled out the placenta ? (a blob like thing)
While cleaning out after kidding is normal for several weeks it should not be alot of blood, not a flow of blood.
Can you post a picture of her rear end and how much blood she is dripping? Most likely totally normal..but let's make sure.

To answer your question, Usually as mom is making progress we don't go in. Progress is seeing baby approach and continues moving forward. I like to see babies on the ground about 30 minutes after mom gets serious...but I don't panic if it takes a little longer as long as everything looks right...FF moms can take longer.

·
Registered
6,393 Posts

·
Super Moderator
32,237 Posts
How are things progressing?

Reactions: Hasankhurshid29

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the help
The second doe has babies with ease and no issues arises and it took very less time also. After posting here, she started going in labour but it took 10 to 15 min max and the 2 kids were born. Both are male.
She was also not licking her kids. Don't know why they are doing this.
Fawn Snout Tail Human leg Asphalt

·
Administrator
85,665 Posts
Beautiful kids congrats. :)

Being in heat 3 days after bred is odd.
She may need regulating,if she keeps going into a heat cycles.
I have heard of 5 day heats, the doe usually has an issue which needs addressed, so she can cycle normally with vet guidance.

·
Super Moderator
32,237 Posts
Awe...such sweet babies!! Congratulations. Glad everyones doing well

Reactions: Hasankhurshid29

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Beautiful kids congrats. :)

Being in heat 3 days after bred is odd.
She may need regulating,if she keeps going into a heat cycles.
I have heard of 5 day heats, the doe usually has an issue which needs addressed, so she can cycle normally with vet guidance.
Thanks for the compliments
It was not a heat as she gets quiet.
Also is it normal for FF to not lick their kids and doesn't stand stationary when kids are drinking milk??? Because both our does showed same behaviour.
Also is 12 hours interval between feeding the kids is too much?? And how much gap between feeding is optimal for new born kids?

·
Fair-Haven
4,924 Posts
First - babies should be eating every 3 hours or so until they are a few days old. Then I cut them back to 4 times a day after a week. Make sure they are warm before feeding! Temp should be 101 Farenheight or if you don't have a thermometer, put your finger in their mouth - should feel warm. If not, you need to warm them up.
First time moms sometimes just don't know what to do. If her udder is very full, milk her out some before getting babies latched. Hold her - she will figure it out usually in a couple of days or less. Best wishes to your little ones, they are precious.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts