The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got 2 more to kid this yr and these 2 im very excited about. Birdy im a little more excited about. I think her kids will be a better show quality. But Calico has came from some nice udder gentics so i cant wait to see her FF udder.
Bella Starr Calico Kate (Flat Rocks Rocky X Flat Rocks Sun Stroke) is due August 3rd well more like around lol. Already has a udder building.
Piddlin Acre Freebird (Piddlin Acres Bo's Rockstar X Piddlin Acres CB Mood Swing is due August 4th. She is huge but always is extra fluffy so im guessing twins out of her.
Both are bred to Simple pleasure Bernard(Tiny Tales John Henry X Simple Pleasures Hillary Swank)

Pics on the next post :)

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
4 weeks away tell there will be kids i hope. Birdy is really slowing down and her body is getting ready for birth i can tell. So im going to be surprised if she makes it to August. Calico udder is filling up nicely. Im thinking twins at least from both of them. Ill take belly pics of them today and post them later.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Your girls are pretty! But on a side note I noticed in the first picture that your doe looks "fish-tailed"? Do you have a loose mineral out for them? Do you copper bolus them at all? I know this is off topic....:D

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys i really cant wait to see these kids. And Bernard rubs on my leg like a cat when im outside think he was raised with cats lol. But o i love him i really hope he passes his docile temperament on to his kids. These will be his first kids here. Sara if you look at the second pic of Birdy she has a big chuck of white in between 2 darker chucks of hair giving her the fish tail look. But they do have cattle grazer mineral. Thought i have noticed some of my darker goats are redding out on there legs so i might have to bolus them.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Thanks guys i really cant wait to see these kids. And Bernard rubs on my leg like a cat when im outside think he was raised with cats lol. But o i love him i really hope he passes his docile temperament on to his kids. These will be his first kids here. Sara if you look at the second pic of Birdy she has a big chuck of white in between 2 darker chucks of hair giving her the fish tail look. But they do have cattle grazer mineral. Thought i have noticed some of my darker goats are redding out on there legs so i might have to bolus them.
I see it now!! Lol!

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks MoKa farms I love taking pics of the goats.
Well i can't believe it but babies are 2 to 3 weeks away. Here is a updated pic of Calico I think she is moving right along good.

Dog Vertebrate Mammal Carnivore Fawn

Here is Birdy I'm loving the look of her udder so far. She is also due in 2 to 3 weeks.

Plant Goat Liver Working animal Fawn

Attachments

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This is her first time kidding with us and she is not milk stand trained :(. But i will try to work with her. Only like a week left :)

·
Boers & Nubians
1,938 Posts
Big and beautiful does! I think Birdy will have triplets and Calico will have twins.
Hoping for lots of :kidred:s

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks guys Birdy is moving real slow today and it looks like i see some white discharge but she still has her ligs. I know she can dischage for a day or a month, But i had a doe that would discharge for 3 days and kid so this would but her at Tuesday if she did that.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ok don't know if birdy is close or pulling the doe code lol. I put her in her stall last night know se is refusing to come out. Lol I think I fill the ligs but she has planted herself in the corner next to her feed trough and not moving. She has been there since 6 am it's know noon. So maybe babies soon idk.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts