2 due this week

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by rgbdab, Feb 2, 2009.

1. rgbdab

rgbdab New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    I have 2 does due this week, Pepper is a FF reg. black head boer and she is bred to a traditional reg. boer whose own mom was solid black so I am excited to see what she has. She is big so I think she'll have 2.
    She is a very sweet doe so I am really hoping she doesn't have too much trouble.
    The other one due is Misha a non-reg boer bred to my solid red boer buck and this is her second kidding. She had 2 does last year and she was an OK mom, but she is a bossy B___ch if you know what I mean. Last year when she was kidding she never did lie down. She would push her head into the stall wall so hard I thought it would fall down, but she pushed them each out and they fell to the ground. It was very odd since all of my others lay down to push them out, at least the first one.

They are both due on the 4th so I am
    on baby watch. )

2. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Oh please keep us updated!! I just love those huge boer kids!! The are just to darn cute!!!

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    oo sounds like you have possibilities for red kids.

just a couple more days now :leap:
  4. rebelshope

rebelshope New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    How exciting!! I have never seen a black and white boer- sound very striking!
  5. rgbdab

rgbdab New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    I think they are very pretty and I also like paints and solid reds, plus the traditional. LOL

I have one black headed doe that has given me 2 black headed daughters, one last Jan and one in Sept. (she always has a huge single and gets bred more often than any of my others because she gets fat on pasture if she isn't either nursing or pregnant.) I am going to have to sell the one born in Sept because I need to sell all the kids this year to fund the necessities for the other goats for another year. She is registerable and should fetch a nice price with her black genes.

And another black headed doe that is the one about to kid and I can't wait to see what she has.

I need to update it but I am sure there are some pics of them on my website if you want to see one.

6. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Very nice herd! I'm sure these two girls will give you what you are wanting!