The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 goats in my herd that have dry flaky skin and hair loss. I have just wormed them again with ivermectin plus. They look horrible I do not know what to do. I have checked their skin do not see any thing on skin. I have minerals out for them. Any ideas to help me

·
Super Moderator
59,801 Posts
I would give them wheat germ oil daily on their feed. I buy Rex Brand Wheat Germ Oil. Black Oil Sunflower seeds can help too. It will take some time but you should see decent results within 6 weeks of using the wheat germ oil daily.

·
Premium Member
10,654 Posts
I really need to post pictures of my girl. She looks like a Mexican hairless "Goat". My girl has a horrible deficiency of Vit A, D, E and Zink. She is so dry and hairless I have to put sunscreen on her and lotion on her poor face.

I have to giver her a shot of Min Max twice a year to help her.

make sure you are doing a fecal float on your goats before you just give them a dewormer. Giving it when it is not needed is why the dewormers are not working anymore, everyone is over medicating and the worms are becoming resistant to them. Plus you don't want to give meds if they are not needed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts