2 Questions

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by fcnubian, Nov 30, 2008.

1. fcnubian

fcnubian New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    1. Does anyone know the link to a website that had the different stages of development of the fetus? It had information next to photos I think. And I think there was photos of kids after they were born at the bottom.

2. How long after breeding can the pooch test be use to see if they are preggers or not? Would two months do on nubian goats?

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    I had the link but for some reason the page is down --

Usually at 2-3 months I can tell the pooch test pretty well.

3. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

i found this
    http://thekebun.wordpress.com/2008/09/2 ... velopment/
    cant find the one with the pictures for some reason
    as far as the pooch test i can tell about three months along. I cant tell by the length of the vulva as they all look the same to me, but by the amount of swelling around the vulva.
  4. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    1. I tried but didn't find the site. I'll look again.
    2. I can try to by 2 months almost definately by 3.
  5. fcnubian

fcnubian New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    Thanks for the replies!!
  6. heavenlyhaven

heavenlyhaven Senior Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Belmont, NY
    http://goat-link.com/index.php?option=c ... &Itemid=47

Goat Fetal Development Chart
    20 days~(3 weeks) Apparent Heart Beat
    21-35days~(3-5weeks)The lung bud branching and forming into the two principal bronchi
    28-35 days~(4-5 weeks) Limb buds apparent
    35-42 days~ (5-6 weeks) Differentiation of mouth,digits and dew claws
    42-49 days~( 6-7 weeks)Nostrils and Eyes apparent; Mammary buds in females; empty scrotal sac in males;Jugular vein barely visible through the pink skin
    42-84 days~(6-12wks)The bronchial divisions were differentiated and their air conducting system became established,lined with seudostratified and/or single-walled columnar epithelium
    49-56 days~(7-8 weeks)Eyelids Close; Ear Canal Opens; Membranous soft center in the top of the head
    56-63 days~ (8-9 weeks) Jugular vein, facial vein and scrotal vessels all visible; Nostrils open
    70-77 days~(10-11 weeks) Hairs appear on eyelids
    77-84 days~(11-12 weeks) Horn Pits Appear;Ear vein prominent; Hairs on eyelids and muzzle
    84-91 days~(12-13weeks) Hairs on forehead;Pigmentation around horn pits; Testes palpable in scrotum
    91-98 days~ (13-14 weeks) Skin whitish and thicker;Jugular, facial and scrotal veins no longer visible;Ear vein visible;Hairs along top of the neck;Top of the head has hardened-Also Lung Development-The respiratory bronchioles developed quickly?the primitive alveoli had developed,the respiratory bronchioles and primitive alveoli were lined by cuboid cells
    98-105 days~(14-15 weeks)Tooth Eruption;Hair around eyes and muzzle; Hairs on chest;Eyelids separated;Temporary teeth buds just appear
    105-112 days~(15-16 weeks)Body sparsely covered with hair, except limbs Also-Lung development-The respiratory divisions developed dramatically,the lung assumed a more “aerated” appearance.
    112-119 days~(16-17 weeks)Dense hairs cover body and limbs;Teeth buds prominent
    119 days~(17 weeks)1-3 Incisors barely erupted in females at birth; Incisors at gum line in males at birth
    119-154 days~(17-22 weeks)The alveoli developed and differentiated into flattened and cuboid epithelial cells of the lung development-here the baby can breath on it's own.
    Length of Fetus at 30 days is 1.4 cm
    Length of Fetus at 145 days is 43.0 cm
    Normal Live Birth- 145 to 155 days~(147 days is 21 weeks or approx. 5 months)