2010 Names and Themes

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by Idahodreamer, Dec 11, 2009.

1. Idahodreamer

Idahodreamer Senior Member

My well of name ideas has run dry.
    I am thinking of doing a movie theme this year. . . something like Lord of the Rings or maybe Twilight. :scratch:
    Anyone have name ideas or themes they're using this year?

2. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    I told my daughter that I want to do flowers names this year. Rose, Iris and so on. I only intend to keep like maybe one baby so it really will depend if they fit a flower name.

3. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
  4. Firestone Creek Farm

Firestone Creek Farm New Member

Jul 11, 2008
    NC, USA
    I tend to look at mom and dad and then pick something I find 'fitting.' :) For instance, Hollywood and Hallie have babies due again in a few weeks. His name is Hollywood Nights (like the Bob Seger song) and hers is just plain and simple Hallie. So, last year I called one baby Dreamlover (like the Mariah Carey song but plain and simple) and the other My Valentino (like the song 'My Valentine'--and he was born on Feb 14th!). Then Cinnamon X Hollywood produced 'Fortunate Son'--another song. Ophelia and Cameron produced Sweet Violet; Ophelia is from a Shakespearean play, and there is a poem that discusses sweet violets. Panama (a place) and Marco Polo (the explorer) produced an explorer from the Panama region--Magellan! :) HAHAAHA!

5. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    The only problem i have is that I tend to not stick with themes because I will bbe like oh that ones looks like a ginger but I'm supposed to be doing flowers...haha oh well I guess no matter what they all get names!

6. crocee

crocee New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Northeast Arkansas
    Ginger IS a flower

[ame="http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4ADBF_enUS314US316&q=ginger+flower"]http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=n ... ger+flower[/ame]

7. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    I always do Random naming. I have a piece of paper with a huge list of names i've thought of and when I think of more I just ad them onto the list

8. citylights

citylights Member

Jul 3, 2009
    Southern California
    I do themes -- one year it was Dick Tracy -- Sparkle Plenty, Tess Trueheart, Sam Catchem and some little known ones: Cheater Gunsmoke and Texy Garcia! Sometimes litters get a "theme" too. CL WIsh upon a star, Lucky Star, and Shooting star were out of one doe, and Kiss me Kate, One last Kiss and Kiss of the Sun were out of another doe. This year out of my doe, Glory, I've named them Bound For Glory and Hallelujah. It's always fun!

9. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
  10. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    You could do a letter theme, like the tattoo is A, name kids A names.

I always name them by their parents but have on occasion thought about naming them by themes.

11. I have always let them name themselves but to be honest the truth of the matter is if it is something that few or no one has, I like it. LOL

SO do something out of the ordinary like JAPAN lol or something off the wall like that. hehe

12. redneck_acres

redneck_acres New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Idaho
    I'm thinking of trying to put together some redneck names this year-i've been in goats for awhile now-but never have named anything with a redneck name. I'm selling down to only 2 or 3 does plus whatever kids I have born before I ship some so I may not have much to name this year.

13. crocee

crocee New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Northeast Arkansas
    I usually let the goats personality choose the name, so sometimes a month or so will go by before the goat gets its name.

14. citylights

citylights Member

Jul 3, 2009
    Southern California
    ack! What happened to my post?

What about names for towns near where we live? I could have Julian, Nestor, Cuyumaca, La Jolla, Jamul.......

15. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Member

Oct 19, 2009
    My doelings were named Holly and Noel because we got them during the holidays. I plan to name their kids (I know, crazy already thinking of names when they're still babies themselves lol) themed as well. Maybe spices - Thyme, Oregano, Mint, Paprika, Cumin, etc. Maybe flowers - Rose, Lily, Iris, Peony, Tulip, etc. I love to bake, so maybe desserts - Brule, Sorbet, Souffle, Mousse, Cookie, etc. Maybe places I'd like to visit - Ireland, Canada, Hawaii, Scotland, England, etc.

Names are everywhere! I cannot wait to have a mature herd that's pumping out babies :) I'm so excited.

16. Lawanda

Lawanda New Member

Jun 11, 2009
    West Virginia
    I cannot wait to name some babies!! haha

17. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I end up naming them whatever fits...and most times it is the new owners that pick the pet names, registered kids have names chosen for "special" people in my life, their new owners can choose a different barn name if they want.

18. crocee

crocee New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Northeast Arkansas
    None of my goats are registered so they all get barn names. I love trying to think up just what name they want.