2011 Serena Kinders

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by lissablack, Dec 14, 2010.

1. lissablack

lissablack New Member

Nov 30, 2009
    I have really done it this time, I've bred 8 does. I was going to keep two of them for milking through, so it is only two more than I planned. They start kidding in mid February and will go until mid May. I'm sure I'll be sorry, but I am getting new places made and will have a lot more room, plus I have people who want goats this year, so things are finally moving for me here. It seems perfectly reasonable to me that it takes years to get a new breed started anywhere.

Anyway, this is Fresca. I took these pics on 11 Dec. She is due on 18 Feb. Am I overreacting, or is she huge? I have two others due in about the same time frame and they look nothing like this. It isn't just fat. I have one that is just fat.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is Rolley. He is the reason I bred more of them. I got three kids from MO this year, and after I had them here they found out they had CL there. I desperately needed the bucks, it has been a real balancing act. Rolley is the last one left, and I really like his looks. He has no symptoms yet, but his mom in MO has a lump now. So he is going to the butcher soon. Because I was warned in time I had no lumps rupture here. Plus they have been isolated completely. Their pen is going to be a chicken house. So four of my bred does are bred to him, and his genes will be preserved. I'll have enough kids to choose new bucks from them. This has been a roller coaster, but I think my herd is safe. It is very sad. I had a huge amount of help from my vet, figuring out how to manage this, and he had loaned me a doe for milking this summer. I really felt happier when he was willing to take his doe back.

[​IMG]

Pretty Rolley.

Is Fresca going to have a dozen kids?

Jan

2. jduwall

jduwall New Member

Aug 7, 2009
    WOW she is huge~~!! has she had multiplies in the past??

3. lissablack

lissablack New Member

Nov 30, 2009
    She had twins this spring, it was her first time.

I've had two who had twins then have triplets, but I don't remember anyone looking like this this early.

Jan

4. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    I agree, she is HUGE! Sure she's gonna last until Feb? LOL

5. lissablack

lissablack New Member

Nov 30, 2009
    I sure hope so, I know exactly when she was bred.

Jan

6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    she is big....and beautiful.... :thumb: :wink:

7. lissablack

lissablack New Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Thank you, she is one of my two first generation does, so lines started here, really important to me.

Jan