2018 Kidding thread!

Discussion in 'Birth Announcements' started by JK_Farms, Jan 1, 2018.

1. JK_Farms

JK_Farms Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2016
    Tennessee
    It's a new year everyone! I hope everyone is getting excited for newborns! Everyone post how many kids and their genders! Also if you are able to post a photo of the adorable new additions!!!!

2. Chloe1233

Chloe1233 Member

Sep 26, 2017
    Twins C6626797-7A7E-4CF9-A2C9-8306FBD23AA8.jpeg

Doelings:1
    Bucklings:1

3. Goatzrule

Goatzrule Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2013
    New England
    Im getting baby fever

wifeof1 likes this.
  4. Goat_Scout

Goat_Scout Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2017
    Louisiana
  5. Sparklesms

Sparklesms Member

Sep 6, 2017
    IMG_4679.JPG 2 bucklings.

Born this afternoon in -4F temp. :eek:

Detailed post in birth announcements.

top_goat, Goat_Scout and JK_Farms like this.
  6. JK_Farms

JK_Farms Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2016
    Tennessee
    Doelings-1
    Buckling-3

Sparklesms likes this.
  7. wifeof1

wifeof1 Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2016
    Boulevard, CA
    Lil Acorn Acres Farm
    Twin Doelings
    [​IMG]
    Janice
    [​IMG]
    And Joplin

Does 3
    Bucks 3

8. Chloe1233

Chloe1233 Member

Sep 26, 2017
  9. Goat_Scout

Mar 23, 2017
    Louisiana
    @wifeof1 - I love the name Joplin! I may have to steal that for one of my kids this year....

wifeof1 likes this.
  10. Mmhyronimus

Mmhyronimus Active Member

We had 2 kids born Saturday night. Not even 6hrs after we left for a mini vacation. I knew one was going to kid- I had 5 due anytime, but I figured Dot wouldn't be the first to pop. Dot had a little buckling and a little doeling.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    The doeling has the cutest spot on her head. A dark mark right above her eye.

Now to wait- with this wonderful Blizzard in SE SD, I have 3 that decided they were gonna start contractions and driving me crazy. 2 have been doing this on and off for 2 wks. The other one just started this morning. Doe code of Honor- they obviously had to wait for the blizzard.

Doe: 5
    Buck: 5

11. Goat_Scout

Mar 23, 2017
    Louisiana
  12. wifeof1

wifeof1 Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2016
    Boulevard, CA
  13. Korita

Korita Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2018
    Iowa
    Congrats on the little ones @Mmhyronimus

Where at in SE South Dakota are you? I’m near Ashton, IA so we might not be too far from one another. I’ve been watching one of my girls (3 with unknown due dates) a little closer today as she’s showing some signs of getting ready and naturally we are in this blizzard so she’ll do it now lol Good luck with your ladies and hope you stay warm in this crappy weather.

14. Goat_Scout

Mar 23, 2017
    Louisiana
    So far we’ve had 5 kids (all bucklings) born this year!

Does: 5
    Bucks: 10

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Mmhyronimus

I'm south of Sioux Falls about 20 miles. The snow I could handle. It's the wind that's horrible.

16. Suzanne_Tyler

Suzanne_Tyler GreenTGoats

Jul 19, 2014
    NC
  17. Korita

Korita Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2018
    Iowa
    Agreed! I have to scoop out a 2 ft snow drift in front of the door every half an hour :confused:

18. Mmhyronimus

You're getting more snow than me. Finally it has slowed almost to a stop, at least for new snow. Still blowing like crazy. I'm sweating like crazy from the last shovel out.

19. Mmhyronimus

Had 2 does go into labor with the blizzard. Pepper had 2- but had complications. Lost the buckling. He was huge. I wrote about that in another post. (She lost 2 in 2015. So she was pretty possessive of this kidding.) [​IMG] [​IMG]

305/Betsy- had 2 kids with no complications. A buckling and a doeling. Noisy little buggers. [​IMG][​IMG]

20. Mmhyronimus

Well, woke up this morning and Stubbs had finally started with full labor. Not that she wanted to. Came out to a puddle of cold slime. Toes peeking out, but she had no desire to push. Ended up going it to pull the kid. Little doeling- butt first, but got her out. Stubbs wanted to clean her off and thought she was done. As big as she was, I knew she wasn't done.
    Barely reached in and found toes. Only this time he wasn't backwards- but he was stuck with his head facing backwards. She had no desire to push for any of it. I think she wore herself out doing the early pushing the last couple days- but she wasn't in true labor then.

Got a healthy buckling and a healthy doeling! [​IMG][​IMG]
    The little doeling has the socks- Well, they are more garters since they go all the way up! LoL![​IMG] And she is such a camera hound once she found out I was taking pictures- and not even an hour old![​IMG]

Doe: 8
    Buck: 12