The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
WOW! this has been my first kidding season with two does kidding, and also the first with a First Freshener.

My 3yo doe was making me crazy until she kidded as usual. when she kidded on the 15th of march she had two large bucklings that both had to be pulled. first weighed 9lbs and the second weighed 8lbs. this was her third kidding.

My 2yo doe (the above doe's daughter from 2017) was not keeping wight on her whole pregnancy and for a little bit I thought she lost the kids...NOPE! she went into active labor yesterday (april 7th, which is also her birthday) she had quite a bit of trouble with her twins and I thought she might need a C section... but she kidded normally (with assistance). she had Buck/Doe twins. the Doeling weighed 9lbs and the buckling about the same. the amazing thing about this was she only looked like she was having a single!
4-6-19.JPG

this was the day before she kidded! after she kidded she seemed shock-y so I got very worried but today she is fine. this doe was the first freshener.

all of the kidding issues on top of finding out 5 days before my first doe's due date that the buck they were bred to had CAE :bonk: and also the buck's daughter from 2017 tested positive too. all the rest of the does were CAE negative, but I am using the CAE prevention program for the kid I am keeping. the bucklings are all nursing on their moms and growing well. they will be sold for meat when they are four months old. I will be keeping the FF's doeling for my breeding program.

Now Pictures:
the moms
Fancy the 3yo
KIMG3325.JPG

Fiona the 2yo FF & Ironwood the father of all the kids
KIMG3322.JPG

the kids
Phineas (one of Fancy's bucklings)
KIMG4345 (1).JPG

Ferb the other of Fancy's bucklings
KIMG4352.JPG

Pearl Fiona's doeling
KIMG4389.JPG
m-p.JPG

Fiona's buckling (Finnek)
Finnek.JPG

and for fun her is the adopted kid Mable
KIMG4299.JPG

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
Have you tested your two does, yet?

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, I was out of town for the weekend too so that was "fun", and also scary. Luckily it was my dad taking care of the animals while I was away and he promptly went out to check on the goats. Fancy had been guarding her kids all night and didn't sleep so she was beat.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts